+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EWA m100

I'm john.

Default EWA m100

I had been looking for a new power amp for a long time now and had listened to a few,these being Bryston,ATC,Plinius and VTL ST 150 but always felt what was i getting for the outlay over the Krell KSA 100 so i decided to keep it.

I then looked at the M100 turbo that Colin Wonfor was selling and so he came round and we had a day trying both amps he kindly let me have it for a demo.After a week of swapping cables between the two i came to the conclusion that i could not give the amp back to Colin and had to buy it.The M100 was easily the best amp i had heard compared to the others.

The M100 just sounds so right,clear and dynamic with no hint of being clinical.At times when i play it i hear something on the track that i'd never heard before.Colin was a delight to deal with and i would not hesitate dealing with him again.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteer View Post
    I had been looking for a new power amp for a long time now and had listened to a few,these being Bryston,ATC,Plinius and VTL ST 150 but always felt what was i getting for the outlay over the Krell KSA 100 so i decided to keep it.

I then looked at the M100 turbo that Colin Wonfor was selling and so he came round and we had a day trying both amps he kindly let me have it for a demo.After a week of swapping cables between the two i came to the conclusion that i could not give the amp back to Colin and had to buy it.The M100 was easily the best amp i had heard compared to the others.

The M100 just sounds so right,clear and dynamic with no hint of being clinical.At times when i play it i hear something on the track that i'd never heard before.Colin was a delight to deal with and i would not hesitate dealing with him again.
    Hi John,

Superb result. I'm glad you got to hear the EWA in the end. I suspected it would take an amplifier of that calibre to challenge your Krell, especially knowing first hand how good it is

Enjoy the new amp and let me know what you're doing with the Krell

I'm john.

Oliver i will let you know if i get rid of Krell

Bigman80 Guest

Oliver i will let you know if i get rid of Krell
    No worries mate.

I'm really pleased it's worked out.

I'm Geoff.

I definitely have a hankering for one of Colin's beefier Class A jobs. Too short of dosh at the moment!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I definitely have a hankering for one of Colin's beefier Class A jobs. Too short of dosh at the moment!
    Get back to performing on the streets then

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Get back to performing on the streets then

S.
    No NO, hang on his got to be better than Stiff Stewart he he

I'm Steve.

Hi John
    Ive sent you a Pm

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm jamie.

ha ha get in there steve!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Steve.

Hi Oliver,

Are you after a second Krell or keeping an eye out for me ???

Don't want to step on your toes if your looking for a second unit !!!

Steve
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast