+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 169 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm Geoff.

'Softness' is not something I've heard Krell amps accused of Martin.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Or JM Lab speakers either....

Who knows, maybe it is my hearing or something With the Sony in it was just too smooth, like 'B&O lifestyle' sort of sound. Super clean even at high spl and dynamic too, but just lacking a tiny bit of bite.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Should also point out that the room is quite heavily damped, possibly more so than is optimal. In theory, the speaker end should be live and the listening end damped, which I used to have, but a large amount of clutter has accumulated at the speaker end over the last couple of years.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Peter.

Hi Martin.

Not sure how the JM Labs are constructed, but whenever my system starts to seem a bit lifeless for no apparent reason, I usually try tightening up the bolts holding in the drivers ... can sometimes make a real difference ime.

I'm Martin.

Good tip Peter, but I just took a look and they have some weird sort of fixing, not just normal screws or bolts. Never seen anything like it. Got nothing that will fit them anyway. Nothing is ever straightforward.

It is only a very slight 'trait', I'm not fretting over it. But there is still some work to be done here.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Having looked at a few rather difficult to make out online photos, I suspect the driver securing bolts could be 'Torx' type.

There are two types. One with a 'pip' in the centre and one without.

Like this:

Suitable driver sets are available on ebay. Not usually too expensive.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Cheers Geoff - that does look like them. But some of them look to be threaded. I don't think I can do much with them.

Not certain this is an issue. I've tried to tighten up the drivers on speakers in the past and never encountered any that were slack.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

doubt torx bolts will loosen. they sually are very tight
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    doubt torx bolts will loosen. they sually are very tight
    Never found one I couldn't undo. The door hinges on my Mercedes were held on with them. Now they were tight, but I got them undone after busting the first driver I tried.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Never found one I couldn't undo. The door hinges on my Mercedes were held on with them. Now they were tight, but I got them undone after busting the first driver I tried.
    lol... meant loosen by themselves mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread