+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1701

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm David.

I'll second that.

I'm Chris.

Good honest opinions there Martin.

I can't fault my 686, superb dynamics is the overall impression. Goes without saying everything else is handled well.

I'm glad the more expensive, modified DAC won out on the day, I'm quite happy with the performance from both my E30 and SGD1. To me the SGD1 does expand on everything the E30 does well, but with better bass and soundstage etc. The E30 isn't far off though, especially with the ifi power supply.

As I've also been a big advocate of tube DAC's in the past I've also gone and ordered a custom built, non-over-sampling tube DAC built with TDA1545 chips and Telefunken C3M tubes. I'm sure a proper R2R DAC will turn up in my stable one day too as the new wave of the implementation intrigues me.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Martin.

New Krell KSA50S is up and running! It's cost me an arm and a leg to get another one but it was worth it.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Very nice.

Run both and you won't need any heating next winter .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    New Krell KSA50S is up and running! It's cost me an arm and a leg to get another one but it was worth it.

its a big beastie..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Very nice.

Run both and you won't need any heating next winter .
    it has the plateau biasing so it only runs hot if you cane it. I don't tend to use more than 1 watt continuous so it never gets beyond lukewarm.

The KSA100 on the other hand puts out 650 watts of heat regardless so that one is handy for winter listening. Although I'll have to sell that at some point to cover the cost of buying this one.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Looking good Martin.

It's a big beast, as are the speaker cables!
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Yeah the cables are overkill but I already had them lying about so why not?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

I went in to the pro shop at lunchtime to get the DCB1 back to use with the Krell. The engineer comes out of his little room and says 'I've got bad news for you.'

I thought he'd blown it up or lost it or dropped something on it and smashed it or something. But he produces it and it looks fine.

Then the owner comes out and asks me 'How much did you pay for this?' In truth I don't remember but it wasn't a lot. He says 'It doesn't amplify! It's just a connection box with a volume pot!'

I told him I knew that - you're getting 2 volts out of the DAC you don't need to amplify it again. They couldn't get their heads around the idea of a zero-gain active pre-amp at all. They thought I was some hi-fi mug punter who'd been ripped off.

I said 'This was designed by Nelson Pass you know.'

'Never heard of him.'

'Designed for Adcom? Threshold? Pass Labs?'

'Never heard of them.'

Gotta love the pro boys.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

whare do you come from boy?.... New Jersey sir..... Never heard of it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread