+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1701

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    March 2021. Can't see me changing any of this anytime soon. It's like 95 percent of perfect. On balance, I settle for that.

Note the room treatment on the wall next to the r/h speaker. Still not got around to ordering the special glue to put it all up. The big thing sticking out next to it is the subwoofer for the TV system. Been meaning to put that in for ages, just not got around to it. Not hooked up yet but will do that tomorrow

Your Electras seem to be pointing straight ahead. How is the soundstage Martin? Can't see your seating position which will be a significant factor.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Hi Edward.

I'm not keen on angling the speakers in a lot. There is only a slight bit of an angle on them. The listening seat is quite a distance from the speakers, 18 foot or so.

The room is a bit to narrow to get a really good width but the depth is pretty good - if it is there on the recording. The speakers do 'disappear' though, that's their big strength.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Edward.

Ah right, if your room is longish and the speakers are firing down that then minimal toe-in will work. Always nice when the speakers do that disappearing thing.

Get those Tannoys sorted!
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Yes, room is 29 foot long and not really wide enough (12 foot) to have large, multi-driver speakers set up cross-ways.

Covid put the kybosh on the Tannoy build but hoping to have them at some point this year. Just in time for my retirement
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Edward.

29 by 12 foot room! Sounds like a ship's galley.

How do your IMFs sound in that space. You still have them?

§

I'm Martin.

Yes still got the IMF but never got round to re-building the crossovers although I've got all the components to do it.

Then I had the idea of making them fully active, 8 channels of amplification plus DSP crossovers. It's having the time and the energy though. When I finish work next year I might get back to that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Those JM Lab Electa 926 speakers have a Focal look about them. Don't think you had them there when I visited a few years back?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Those JM Lab Electa 926 speakers have a Focal look about them. Don't think you had them there when I visited a few years back?
    yes they are made by Focal. Focal bought JM Lab and used it as their 'Lexus' brand for a few years, then I think they dropped it entirely and just branded all their speakers as Focal.

I was using the vintage Akai speakers when you visited, that's going back some now.

You did hear the JM Labs at the phono-stage bake-off a couple of years back.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes, room is 29 foot long and not really wide enough (12 foot) to have large, multi-driver speakers set up cross-ways.

Covid put the kybosh on the Tannoy build but hoping to have them at some point this year. Just in time for my retirement
    Your listening room looks to be of similar dimensions to mine (12' wide by 33' long), with your listening position the same distance from the speakers (18'). But I have my speakers (Quad 57s) toed in, so the panels are 'square on' to where I sit. They too "disappear"; in that the sound stage extends beyond the edges of the speakers (and beyond the walls of the room).
    Barry

I'm Edward.

One time Adam and I were playing around with an uber high end amp I had on loan, both at my place and his. One thing, among others, we heard was a massive widening of the soundstage well beyond what we normally were hearing. So I think there are various factors that are at play, not only the degree of toe in.

+ Reply to Thread