+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1701

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm Martin.

The 50S was original when I got it. Alan has repaired it now but it is still down at his place,

The 100 has had the smoothing caps replaced with some fancy Audionote things before I got it but that's all.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Ok cheers. Been doing a bit of reading, seems they mostly just need a recap.

Alan, if you read this, did you back the bias off a little in deference to the age of the thing?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

Ali, no I didn't. It does run rather hot in places but there are no adjustments at all and I haven't been able to get a circuit for the S version.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Ali, no I didn't. It does run rather hot in places but there are no adjustments at all and I haven't been able to get a circuit for the S version.
    I do have the schematic for the 50S

Ali - if you need one for the 100 just e-mail Krell. That's what I did and they sent it me over, took them about 30 minutes to reply.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks gents. Got a diagram from the net but you never know how accurate they are. Will try mailing Krell.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

Audiolab 6000CDT:

Been listening to this all day. It really is very good. Just transport to DAC to power amp, very simple system. Still got a bit of splash on cymbals but I'll figure that out. Otherwise sounds very good.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm John.

Looks good Martin.

Have you seen the retro Leak version?

I’m guessing it’s the same thing in pyjamas and dressing gown.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Looks good Martin.

Have you seen the retro Leak version?

I’m guessing it’s the same thing in pyjamas and dressing gown.

https://www.leak-hifi.co.uk/cdt/

Leak describe the styling as influenced by Art Deco. Maybe for the early styling, but not the later looks, including their latest offerings. That said, I do like the late '60s styling and have a Leak Troughline tuner in a wooden sleeve myself.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

I like it but would look out of place in my system.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Is that Audiolab player the same as the one Garry (Gazjam) raved about?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread