+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1701

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    My tastes haven't changed since I was a teenager, I still listen to the same albums I bought when 15 years old, just on VD now instead of vinyl. I still live like a teenager too. Whether that's good or bad or irrelevant I can't say. I've got into other genres like jazz and soul over the years though.

A couple of 'best of' albums with massive compression aside I don't have anything recorded so poorly it is unlistenable. Finding you have lots of unlistenable recordings is a problem with the replay system. Been there, got the T shirt. Recording engineers know their job and have a reputation to protect, they don't turn out rubbish recordings. The idea that the better the system the more recordings will sound poor on it is audiophile nonsense of the worst kind IMO. You might hear some flaws or editing issues occasionally, that doesn't concern me.

Remasterings - I have a few, but I prefer to buy the original release where possible. That's 'the album' as it was intended as far as I'm concerned.

Amazon Music claims to have 60 million tracks. Standard appears to be 320 KBPs which should be indistinguishable from 16/44.1 in most cases. I've only tried it on my cheapo headphones so far but sounds okay. Will report back when the proper USB cable arrives tomorrow.

Personally I wouldn't dream of paying for a streaming service but since I already have Prime (which already more than pays for itself on delivery charge savings) I'm getting it for nothing. Nothing a month? I am happy to pay that.
    On AMazon prime it says 2m, on the Unlimited I think it is 50m.

"Amazon offers two streaming options: Prime Music and Music Unlimited. ... The main difference is that Prime music has around 2 million songs, whereas Amazon Music Unlimited has over 50 million. If you like to listen to an artist's full album, you'll want Unlimited."

Even on the Unlimited which I have on trial I'm finding quite a lot of missing albums. Doubt I will subscribe to it, only good thing is the HiRes albums.

I'm Martin.

Ah okay. 2 million is still quite a lot though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

qobuz is 15 quid for studio now and is very good value
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

That's two cds a month which is about how many I buy per month anyway. And I get to keep them forever. Even if the internet is down I can still play them. And I'm not at the mercy of the streaming service for what mastering I want, and I don't have to live with whatever secret sauce they put into their sound to distinguish them from other music streaming platforms (assuming they do, but even if they don't right now they could). That's basically what MQA does. I don't want that lack of control over my music, I especially don't want to pay monthly for that lack of control.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

doesnt use mqa.. ive got more than enough cds now, tbh too many for usefulness i think.. i find it good and i just had to rethink what i thought i need ed to own to rent i guess.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ah okay. 2 million is still quite a lot though.
    2m out of 60m that isnot even 4% of the content.

I'm Ray.

How often is the internet down? We have more power cuts than internet down. You can stream offline as well, some people do that.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    How often is the internet down? We have more power cuts than internet down. You can stream offline as well, some people do that.
    Well never say never. I'm sure we are all familiar with E.M Forster's 'The Machine Stops.'

I'm not knocking anyone's decision to use a streaming service. It's just not for me.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

I put the B&O M120.2 in on the TV system to replace the little JBLs. Their bigger brothers are for sale elsewhere on the forum (not by me though).

Interestingly they are not as sensitive as the JBLs despite being about 6 times larger. I've really got to crank the amplifier up.

The JBL are 87dB, B&O quote the sensitivity as '2.5 W' which makes no sense to me.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

2.5v at 1 metre i guess. So a bit less than 1 watt used. USUALLY GIVE A BIT MORE INFO
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread