+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1701

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Being a professional unit, it'll be very well-designed, unlike most of the breed, so you might find, sonically, it'll do some things you like

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

They are the Cadillac of analogue equalisers.

When I get all the Black Tulip kit rack mounted it can go in there.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I bought mine out of curiosity to see what small changes in frequency response sounded like. Only played with it for a day, but did learn that the lift/cut must be no more than 2dB, otherwise it sounds 'artificial', and the band of frequencies being either augmented or reduced in amplitude should be broad (about an octave).

They are not a panacea, but more of a tool to find out what needs to be done to improve the system response; usually caused by room reflections.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

My first ever amp was a Fisher with a 5 band equaliser built in.

Better than having just bass and treble. Used to bypass it mostly though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Oppo - Soncoz - Krell - JM Labs:

gif hosting

Still a little bit of splash on cymbals but otherwise this is spot-on. Need to do a complete re-build and re-dress the cables, otherwise will do for now.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    My first ever amp was a Fisher with a 5 band equaliser built in.

Better than having just bass and treble. Used to bypass it mostly though.
    Have to agree Barry.

A lot of people use/used equalisers finding them great fun in terms of sound changing and frequency extremes.

Whilst some audiophiles wouldn't / wont go near them due to the whole 'imparts distortion into the chain/ sound' thing, some came to realise that used properly, with the room you could realise great benefit in respect of room interaction, adjustment - correction.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Rockabilly.

Being old skool, I still like an analogue third octave equalizer when listening in a larger room.

Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

I'm Martin.

Just bought an Audiolab 6000CDT CD transport. Should be here tomorrow. Not entirely convinced it will make any improvement but only one way to find out. Got it off Amazon so it can go back if it proves to be a waste of time.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm brian.

That should be interesting. Thinking of one of them also.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just bought an Audiolab 6000CDT CD transport
    Could be OK. Never tried one of their CD units but it should be well enough made.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread