+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mana Acoustics sound platforms

I'm Sam.

"Bright angle" - would you mind explaining the difference as I can't see it .

I've typed this now... but I guess I can also look it up myself.

I'm Sam.

They do look great by the way.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    "Bright angle" - would you mind explaining the difference as I can't see it .

I've typed this now... but I guess I can also look it up myself.
    yes its a better quality steel with no imperfections and square edges instead of the normal rounded off edge.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looking good, Jamie! So are you using the two of them together as a kind of 'Phase 2' arrangement? How do the MKIIs compare, sonically, with the previous versions?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm jamie.

thanks,yes that's how im using them.
    they sound much better than the first pair i made,wrong choice of angle iron there,they were too big and no flex.the choice and size of the angle iron is the key,also using Formica on mdf(like the real ones). they is a distinct tone with these when tapped.
    my only reservation is maybe the spikes on phase 2 should be reduced in size?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Yup, both sets of lower spikes could be considerably shorter, especially the top pair. However, you've got the 'stubbies' spot on

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dean.

Default Making the sound bases

I would like to get custom frame and sound base made in the mana style. I have a couple already with shelf spacing of 160mm These are not wide. enough
    Looking at 175-200 mm gap between glass and next shelf.

Can you offer any advice.

Marco,

I seem to have read somewhere that your had some made clones made in stainless steel, what other improvements did you make?

If I am having to pay to have one made it would be great to understand what can be done.

Jamie
    those stands you made looked pretty good to me.

Dean

Hi Dean,

No improvements other than having the frames and spikes made in non-magnetic stainless steel, which was a *BIG* improvement! Otherwise, all else remained the same. If I can help any further, let me know

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Dean.

Hi Marco,
    thanks for the info.

Did you go for the same size 20x20,3mm in Stainless? Who supplied the SS screws, would I be able to order from them?

Next I have to find a local metal fabricator who works in Stainless steel.

I'll let you know how I get on.
    Cheers
    Dean

I'm jamie.

dont forget to ask who makes them to use either 'bright' stainless steel or 'bright' mild steel,its what mana used,the only difference is the edges are squared off instead of rounded off.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast