Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVA LS5

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Rich - when you demmed your all Rega system at NEBO (5?) were you using the LS5 then?
    No Macca. I was using single wired Rega Quattro with the jumper plates in at NEBO 5.

Adding the LS5 was a major improvement on that.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Martin.

Ah okay. Just wondered.

I used some LS5 on the KEF Calindas I have. I'd previously sidelined them as I thought the bass was a bit weak and floppy. With the LS5 the bass was a lot tighter and actually energising the room. I'm not really sure how a speaker cable can make that difference, but it did. I shouldn't have sent it back, on reflection.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ah okay. Just wondered.

I used some LS5 on the KEF Calindas I have. I'd previously sidelined them as I thought the bass was a bit weak and floppy. With the LS5 the bass was a lot tighter and actually energising the room. I'm not really sure how a speaker cable can make that difference, but it did. I shouldn't have sent it back, on reflection.
    That's a pretty good description of what they do wrt to the bass. More energy somehow.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Martin.

Yes, before I tried it for myself I was highly skeptical of the various reports about the bass performance. I mean it's a length of wire, isn't it? Have to admit I was taken aback when I tried it with those KEFS. Not so good a match with my Akais, though, which is why I didn't keep it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Been using LS3's for nearly 2 years now. Good cables that can sound very musical in the right system/room etc.

S.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12