View Poll Results: Should UK stay in Europe or leave?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

64 47.76%
  • Leave

66 49.25%
  • Still don't know

4 2.99%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: EU - stay or go?

I'm Martin.

But the majority of Conservative MP want to stay in, including Cameron and Osbourne. Which means we have to keep the EU Human rights and Employment legislation. If they wanted to get rid of it they would be supporting the leave campaign. Logical fail.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    But the majority of Conservative MP want to stay in, including Cameron and Osbourne. Which means we have to keep the EU Human rights and Employment legislation. If they wanted to get rid of it they would be supporting the leave campaign. Logical fail.
    They're masters of deception Macca.

Don't think they wouldn't use Brexit as a further excuse to unravel all the legislation they find inconvenient.

Just the same way they pretend to be worried by UKIP in the last election when a vote splitter was was central office wanted all along.

Never trust a Tory.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Indeed Rich! I was rather shocked and disappointed that even on here it's hugely pro leave so far
    On a forum comprised predominantly by middle aged, often middle class men, I'm not surprised at all.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Jez.

It horrifies me that something as important as this, and so vastly complex that unless you have phd's in both economics and international affairs you probably aren't in any position to hold a rational opinion on it, will be almost entirely decided by the knee jerk emotional reactions of Little Englanders and the Alf Garnet brigade

Whenever I see this debated, 95% of comment and reaction is to do with one thing: Immigration. Johnny foreigner coming over 'ere... There is SO much more to this than just that!

The other 5%, which makes me laugh... is the sovereignty and "our country, our laws" lot! Yeah 'cos as soon as we're out Cameron and Osbourne are going to be falling over themselves to do what YOU want in YOUR neighbourhood etc LOL! They'd never dream of making things worse for you and even cushier for their pals in The City once no longer "held back" by EU laws now would they? There goes another flying pig... zoom!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    They're masters of deception Macca.

Don't think they wouldn't use Brexit as a further excuse to unravel all the legislation they find inconvenient.

Just the same way they pretend to be worried by UKIP in the last election when a vote splitter was was central office wanted all along.

Never trust a Tory.
    So you are saying that they all secretly want Brexit but are just pretending not to? A sophisticated strategy and I can't see how it works myself.

As for them being masters of deception ho ho. They are bloody useless. Except at lining their own pockets.

I'm not middle class or middle aged either but I suspect given time that 'stay' will come out ahead. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Surprised you couldn't care less Marco. Surely no better way to hurt the 'chinless wonders' of Westminster than to cut them off from one of their prime gravy trains?
    You know me, Martin, and we've been here before, politics (in general) just bores the pants off of me, so I'm completely apathetic towards the subject in question. I just can't get 'het up' about it, the way so many folks do.

I just live my life day to day, take what comes and do my own thing, trying my best to put factors in place (in essence build my own 'little island') that largely divorces me from this kind of stuff.

If you're 'into' it all though, fill your boots

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Sure, but I don't really see this as 'politics'. It is a referendum, one man one vote; and the outcome will heavily influence the future of this country, far more so than a General Election. It is a pretty big deal.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Jez.

I don't see how it could be much more political!!

I'm Martin.

Semantics, but my point is the vast majority of politicians of all parties want to stay in. So it's not a party political matter.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm inactive.

Leaving would be absolutely barmy bonkers ..... watching the island slowly submerge in a sea of even greater debt is not my idea of 'sovereignty', just pig headed lunacy based on some anachronistic and warped fantasy of 'Great Britain'. Utter nonsense of the first order.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast