+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C.E approved

Default C.E approved

Hi guys, I need some help. Can anyone tell me which brand of toilet paper is C.E approved?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    An amplifier is a musical instrument and not a measuring instrument.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I believe that Izal 'spreads' well, but I'm not sure whether this information is of any assistance.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Default Bog Roll-call

It's all a tissue of flies, I say!

I'd steer clear of that recycled stuff; you can take this green thing too far; easy to get browned off.

CE approved is my new Puresound valve amp. I love it to bits and take comfort in the fact that it is CE approved. It turns out my Piegas are actually pretty high efficiency despite their nominal 4 ohm load. (4-omh taps obviously take care of this.) The 90 dB obviously helps along with the fact that there don't seem to be any dips much below 4 ohms. Both headroom and bass drive/control seem to be better than with my previous ss amp. I guess Piega did make it rather clear that 20 to 150 wpc is the range that they work well within and perhaps 240 wpc was just overkill and overdamping/strangulation.

Oh dear, thread-crapping again, do puresound make CE bogroll to clear it up ?

Is jcbrum CE approved or is he, as I suspect, wrongly wired up?

I'd greatly appreciate if Marco or filterlab would not allow thread crapping on my thread. If I wanted information on commercial bollox that is CE approved just to fleece more mugs then i'd ask so in the hifi sections of the forum.
    Regards
    An amplifier is a musical instrument and not a measuring instrument.

I'm Dave.

I have a CE approved toilet brush but it made my arse sore.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What I want to know is does a CE-approved amplifier play Reggae music better. Can anyone help me out?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast