+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Innovations P2 phono stage( heavily upgraded) with Border Patrol PSU

I'm brian.

Default Audio Innovations P2 phono stage( heavily upgraded) with Border Patrol PSU

This really is a fantastic sounding combination, and I will be very sorry to sell it.... but needs must.

I have owned it for almost 2 years now and have hugely enjoyed owning it and listening to what it does.

At Scalford in 2014 I was using the baby version of this, the P1. It was very good given its value, but it was bettered by a couple of other phonos ( Hi to the YM !! ) that I put it up against that weekend. I wanted something further up the phono chain and this one popped up on Ebay, the week after Scalford.
    Both PapaLazarou/Phil and SCIDB/Dean use the P2 and they both produced sounds that I very much liked. So, I bought this, which had the added bonus of being paired with the Border Patrol PSU.

The previous owner had owned it for years, but not long before I bought it, he had sent it (at great expense ) to Definitive Audio to be upgraded to the max.
    He then took it to Border Patrol, who fitted their brand new MB power supply.

So, this combo is really is good as it gets with Audio Innovations. REALLY GOOD !!!

Another Wammer brought his P2 to my house in 2014. It had also been modded by Definitive. It sounded really good.
    My one, with the Border Patrol PSU was audibly better. I dont know the theory about why this PSU adds to the sound quality, but it does.

I have had it to a few Northerm Bake offs and it never fails to impress, and it has stood up very well against phonos of the same value, or greater.

At a Bake Off at my house last year, I was using it with my Audio Note IO cartridge, and the combo received much favourable comment, having seen off other phonos on the day.

So, it is an MM phono stage, with no built in facility for MC cartridges. I use a matching AI 800 SUT (which isnt for sale)
    One great feature is that it has a gain control on it.

The P2's usual sell for 700/800 ish, unmodified.
    The Border Patrol MB PSU sells for 1400 ish, new. 500/600 2nd hand ( I have seen one for 790 )

MY PRICE for both is 1100.

Think of the values whichever way you want.............800/300, or 700/400, or 625/475..........whatever!!
    Any way you look at my price, it represents a bargain. Im looking for a quick sale, hence my price.

Im pretty confident that this is as good a phono stage as you will find for 1100. Im very happy for potential buyers to bring their current phonos here to do a comparison.

The PSU in particular is VERY heavy, so I would imagine 2 boxes, if postage was needed.
    So, postage may be possible, but not my first choice.

Collection is very welcome. Or I could deliver or meet half way for a contribution to my petrol costs.

Here is a picture of it

http://i64.tinypic.com/mb1vo5.jpg

Thanks

I'm Alan.

You have to embed the pic Brian

Here you go:

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm brian.

Alan, thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated.

I'm brian.

Still available.

I will split the phono from the PSU.

750 for the AI phono
    500 for the Border Patrol MB PSU ( 1400ish new !!! )

I'm brian.

Both still available

I'm brian.

Still available.

I'm brian.

Bump

I'm brian.

Still available.

I have sold the Border Patrol PSU now, so the AI P2 phono is available on its own.

Price is 700.

The upgrades done by Definitive Audio costs almost that on there own.
    I doubt there is a better sounding one of these out there, and not for 700 !!!!

Im going up to Scotland soon, and could deliver there or on the way. M6 / M74

I'm brian.

Now working on its own, without the PSU (thanks to Simon of SJS ). And still sounding really great.

If anyone is in the market for a top Phono, and is prepared to spend more than this.......... you really should be trying this.

For this money ( and even higher ) Im not sure what is going to better it.

I'm brian.

still available

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast