+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading today!

I'm James.

Need to get back to 'through it all I've always laughed' count arthur strong, had me in stiches!
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, tannoy dc4t]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

I'm Geoff.

Just ordered a copy of 'No Country For Old Men' by Cormac McCarthy. Having previously enjoyed the film very much a couple of times, I thought I'd check the book out.

I'm Grant.

its a good film, but not read the book; in fact I didnt even know there was one.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm John.

Default 1Q84

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. It's the first time I'm reading one of his books. I'm liking it so far.

I'm John.

Default Just finished....

'Noriko Smiling', by Adam Mars-Jones, which is an extended essay on Ozu's Late Spring [1949], published by Notting Hill Editions in 2011. Appallingly written - the author must have been/is a journalist.
    Cambridge CXC transport > Beresford Caiman SEG > Lehmann Linear HPA > Sennheiser HD 700

Have just finished re-reading 'The Woman in White' by Wilkie Collins (a cracking good read) and Volume 4 of the Diaries of Virginia Woolf. Am about to start 'The Oval Window' by J H Prynne.
    Last edited by Joe; 02-06-2018 at 16:27.

I'm Ian.

Just pre-ordered Tomblands, the latest Matthew Shardlake novel by C J Sansom. It's not out until October but I enjoyed the previous books so much I don't mind the wait. Very detailed and historically accurate murder mysteries set in Tudor England.
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm John.

Default >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Have just finished re-reading 'The Woman in White' by Wilkie Collins (a cracking good read) and Volume 4 of the Diaries of Virginia Woolf. Am about to start 'The Oval Window' by J H Prynne.
    Read Prynne's 'Unanswering Rational Shore' a couple of years ago - quite an experience!
    Cambridge CXC transport > Beresford Caiman SEG > Lehmann Linear HPA > Sennheiser HD 700

I'm Grant.

Not been reading of late. Not enough time when your doing nowt
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Running a Hotel on the Roof of the World by Alec Le Sueur (ISBN 1 84024 106 3)

"Le Sueur provides us with the means of improving our knowledge of a far away country about which we know little. Fawlty Towers goes to Tibet"

A very funny read about managing the Holiday Inn hotel in Lhasa, Tibet in the late '80s. Interestingly enough, I stayed there around the time written about in the book.

Now

Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin (ISBN 978 1 84354 7471)

If you are a fan of 'The Number 1 Ladies' Detective Agency' series (which I am) you will like this. Again simple, gentle, amusing and perceptive observations of the customers of the cakemaker and of society in general in Kigali, Rwanda.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast