+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: What are you Reading today!

I'm Grant.

currently...flashman at the charge

a mix of kindle and audio book...

then ive got cormac mccarthy's the road, kindly sent to me from geoff.....then sterling hayden's wars by mandel lee.. a biog of the actor/sailor and war hero. alas, like in many of his films, his life just kept failing him
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Mark.

Barkskins by Annie Proulx - of The Shipping News and Brokeback Mountain fame. Looks like a saga of early French settlers in 'New France' or Canada as we know it. I like her simple, direct style and also anything to do with how people cope in a harsh environment without the modern conveniences and tools now available. It's a big 'un but I hope I can finish it... Some reviewers reckon it's too long and I have a habit of ditching books that don't hold my attention, life's too short and I don't owe the author anything!

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Just finished Andrew Cartmel's "The Vinyl Detective - The Run out Groove"

Very funny and a must read if you like vinyl and/or cats!
    Adam.

I'm Grant.

I dont know if anyone here uses Calibre library for their E books, but its worth a look. an excellent program and has a server etc plus mobile apps. can edit metadata, convert formats etc.

here is a screenshot

Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm John.

Default Edward Hyde, 1st Earl of Clarendon

Clarendon's History of the Great Rebellion

[Folio Edition, Oxford University Press, 1967]

71KQAt2TDQL.jpg
    Cambridge CXC transport > Beresford Caiman SEG > Lehmann Linear HPA > Sennheiser HD 700

I'm Grant.

Next book up shortly will be this.

It's an audiobook I picked up on audibles deal of the day for 3. Gets good reviews
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Steve.

"The Alienist" by Caleb Carr. Another member spoke of it recently, and it sounded interesting.
    'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested'

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "The Alienist" by Caleb Carr. Another member spoke of it recently, and it sounded interesting.
    I really enjoyed it Steve, the Netflix series was good too although not for the faint hearted
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/Musical Fidelity X-DAC/Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Amplifier
    Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer
    Cables
    Klotz MC5000+MS Audio/Sommer Carbokab+MS Audio/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 A

I'm Steve.

Thanks Ian, I no longer have Netflix, but my friend does and I'll be seeing him Saturday.

I struggled a bit with his writing style at first - some of the sentences were quite a bit longer than my attention span and I had to re-read some of the text, but I'm getting the hang of it.
    'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920