+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading today!

I'm joe.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Collected Works Volume Five, Lectures on Literature 1808-19.

I'm joe.

Edward Gibbon, 'The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire', part five (of eight)

I'm joe.

Flann O'Brien, 'The Hard Life'.
    Last edited by Barry; 25-08-2019 at 20:38. Reason: Infantile change corrected

I'm Grant.

11/22/63. Stephen King
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Flann O'Brien, 'The Hard Penis'.
    Or 'The Hard Life'. Quite why people want to arse around changing the wording of my posts, I don't know.

Now 'The Glass Cell' by Patricia Highsmith.

I'm Jon.

"and on that bombshell" by Richard Porter, the script writer from Top Gear.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Nothing too serious:

Ian Patterson - 'Lyttelton's Britain - A Users Guide to the British Isles as heard on BBC Radio's I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue'

ISBN 978 1 84809 173 3 (2009)

Now something a little more serious:

Åsne Seierstad - 'The Bookseller of Kabul'

ISBN 1 84408 047 1 (2004)
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Or 'The Hard Life'. Quite why people want to arse around changing the wording of my posts, I don't know.

Now 'The Glass Cell' by Patricia Highsmith.
    I have corrected the infantile change that someone had made to your post. Don't know how it happened, but I'm looking into it.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

The Mechanic by Marc Priestley.

About the writers time as an F1 race mechanic for the McLaren team 2000 - 2009.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast