+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why balanced isolation power conditioing is far superior than all the rest!

Default Why balanced isolation power conditioing is far superior than all the rest!

Since the inception of the MAD Balance Power Isolation Platform (BPIP), people keep phoning and e-mailing me to find out what is it about. It is quite difficult to explain but let's discuss this issue.

Balanced Power

Domestic power from the main is unbalanced Alternating Current (AC), the live wire carries (230v UK / 220v Europe), and the netural conductor & an earth. Balanced Power Supply is a concept with 115 V on one the live wire and 115V on the netural wire, in total it giving you 230V.
    JJ

My Audio Design
    E-mail: sales@madengland.com
    Tel: 07782 137 868

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Do you get crossover distortion?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Do you get crossover distortion?
    No! But could you elaborate your question, it is a very interesting question.
    JJ

My Audio Design

I'm Les.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Since the inception of the MAD Balance Power Isolation Platform (BPIP), people keep phoning and e-mailing me to find out what is it about. It is quite difficult to explain but let's discuss this issue.

Balanced Power

Domestic power from the main is unbalanced Alternating Current (AC), the live wire carries (230v UK / 220v Europe), and the netural conductor & an earth. Balanced Power Supply is a concept with 115 V on one the live wire and 115V on the netural wire, in total it giving you 230V.
    Interesting - so if a fuse on one of the phases is knocked out then 115V appears on the equipment housing.......

I'm Neal.

Well I'd hope they would use a double pole double protection circuit breaker and not fuses...
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I was being a little tongue-in-cheek about the crossover distortion issue, but can the two phases be guaranteed to "cross over" correctly..

Sorry MAD, it seems to me that you're blatantly advertising worse than Ashley (AVI) did, inventing a "problem" and then coming up with a "cure."

I'm genuinely interested, but since practically all domestic audio takes a +230 to 0 feed, how can a balanced supply be used with them?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Dave,
    The transformer used in this application is center-tapped,providing 115v or so on each leg,which will give you your 230v.Anything designed to run on UK mains will work just fine on this.We have been here before,there was an earlier thread on this same subject.There is a safety issue with this,in that each leg should be protected by an RCB or RCBO,as Neal said,in order to keep things safe.There would also be a safety issue with balanced and non-balanced equipment in proximity to each other,given that you could end up with a potential difference between the two under fault conditions,so it would be a good idea to keep balanced and non-balanced equipment well away from each other.Other than that,there should be no problems with this,and I have heard from someone who did this with positive sonic results.See here-

http://www.jmsonline.co.uk/product_i...roducts_id=187

Have a read, as Ali says you need to know whats inside.....

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov0...stalk_1106.htm

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good link Will,not seen that before.Anyone contemplating this should read that link very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I was being a little tongue-in-cheek about the crossover distortion issue, but can the two phases be guaranteed to "cross over" correctly..

Sorry MAD, it seems to me that you're blatantly advertising worse than Ashley (AVI) did, inventing a "problem" and then coming up with a "cure."

I'm genuinely interested, but since practically all domestic audio takes a +230 to 0 feed, how can a balanced supply be used with them?
    Ashley!!! No No!!! I don't rubbish ATC! I am a big ATC fan and I use my mate's (Billy) great invention on my Loudspeakers. After he left ATC he kept saying ATC is no good to me!!!! STRANGE! I am not similar to Ashley in any way! I found it difficult to explain the concept really! I spent months to write and re-write the brochure and still not happy about it.
    Last edited by MAD; 26-10-2009 at 01:49.
    JJ

My Audio Design

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast