+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony DD TT from the '80's - what was it ?

I'm David.

Default Maggies!

Wonder if the are the same maggies that he demoed to me to go with the Krell KSA 100, I always wished I'd bought them! I still have the Krell, it's been sitting there for years as I cannot afford the speakers for it! also I can't lift it off the floor!!! any ideas what I can do with the Krell (no rude ones)!
    "This is the End my Friends"

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I turned down some KMA100's for £1600 once At the time I should have bitten the chap's hand off..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

Default krell

The Krell sounded great but I have a Meridian 207 that was attacked by lightening!! & a pair of Linear Design (Aussie) speakers paper cones have had it! do I sell the Krell or build on it again (lack of moolah a problem) mebbe this good forum will give me advice!

I'm ChrisB.

Shame you never said, I was in Cornwall this week, I could've stopped by & taken the Krell into "safe storage" for you!

I'm David.

Default Krell & Dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Shame you never said, I was in Cornwall this week, I could've stopped by & taken the Krell into "safe storage" for you!
    & keep it warm I suppose? when I bought the krell I did a comparison with the Mark Levinson & also the Beard MonoBlocks & rang Mr Beard later who offeredme a pair of scratched mono's a a superb price!! I also paired the Krell with the Pink Triangle "Pip" - superb little preamp ISTR it was powered by a small car battery (no hum there!) The Primare pre was also good --- ahhh memories!

I'm ChrisB.

I'd be building on the Krell - a good amp is a good amp no matter what you pair it with or when it was made. And that, my friend is a good amp!

A second system never goes amiss..............

I'm David.

Default KRELL UP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I'd be building on the Krell - a good amp is a good amp no matter what you pair it with or when it was made. And that, my friend is a good amp!

A second system never goes amiss..............
    I'd love to but the lack of folding stuff stopped me before & stops me now, even if I sold my body i'd only get tuppence! i'm disabled,decrepit & destitute, It'll just have to remain a museum piece, mebbe a lottery ticket this week & dreams!!!

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

I wanted to revive this thread on behalf of Beobloke and also because I picked one up last year..

Didn't realise Mr Popeck sold them back in the day. By all means they were otherwise not at all hifi items and only had pro-audio dealers selling them to the industry. Howard must have gotten word somehow..

What arm did you use with the TTS8000 SteveinSpain?

Mine has a Resomatic plinth (which I think was a separate company from Sony made plinth yet was fairly standard).

It will be my direct drive keeper I think to go alongside my PT Anniversary for more delicate suspended deck - something different to all those Techies and idlers which are now quite hefty in price because of their popularity!

I'm Adam.

Update...

Good news - Sony TTS-8000 has arrived in one piece!

Bad news - doesn't flippin' work!

It powers up but gives no response to the Start/Stop touch switch. I'm hoping this is as a result of a minor transistor failure in the logic circuit rather than a knackered motor. Still, if all else fails I suppose it'll make a novel paperweight...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Send it back. At that sort of price you paid for it I would expect the thing to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast