+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2m Black vs Denon DL-103

I'm James.

Cheers Rob
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

No worries James. Not trying to make it even more difficult or muddy the water but do also read as much as you can on the other mm big guns, namely the ClearAudio Maestro, The Audio Note IQ3, as well as the Nag' MP 500 and the Denon 103 of course. You'll find if you dig enough on the net loads of customer reviews, hifi forum posts, hifi mag reviews and so on where common themes, traits or characteristics for each cart should materialise. As a result you'll find yourself naturally drawn to one or two as a shortlist

I'm James.

The Denon 103 seems to be very commonly appreciated and a possible good first step into MC? This maybe my next Hifi adventure although I may indeed go for something higher up the MC food chain.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The Denon 103 seems to be very commonly appreciated and a possible good first step into MC? This maybe my next Hifi adventure although I may indeed go for something higher up the MC food chain.
    Hey James, If thats the case then the ZYX R50 Bloom absolutely has to be considered. It's apparently a superb mc at it's price point. Walpurgis (Geoff) here speaks extremely highly of this cart (as do reviews) and he sure knows his hifi onions

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Hey James, If thats the case then the ZYX R50 Bloom absolutely has to be considered. It's apparently a superb mc at it's price point. Walpurgis (Geoff) here speaks extremely highly of this cart (as do reviews) and he sure knows his hifi onions
    Yes Geoff has mentioned this cartridge before and as he has a vast experience with so many cartridges I believe it must be one on the list.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    James, re my offer of the loan of head amp and SUT's, regarding the DL S1, it may be I don't have a lack of bass because I'm using a head amp, I've not tried it with the SUT's as yet, or indeed direct into the Firebottle. The bass light thing may be because of folk using SUT's with it and because of it's low output and 30 ohm internal impedance...
    I've been using my 103 straight into my Firebottle and it sounds pretty good.

I'm Steve.

The Denon DL110 is worth a punt too. Heard one recently at Rich B's and i was really impressed. You wouldn't need a SUT either. Just a little more bounce than your 2M black which majors on detail. The 110 is a good all rounder.

I'm James.

Cheers Steve everything is under consideration at the moment and the Denon cartridges especially are on my list, might even plumb for the DS-L1! Do you remember how stunning it sounded at NEBO5?

I'm Steve.

Cheers Steve everything is under consideration at the moment and the Denon cartridges especially are on my list, might even plumb for the DS-L1! Do you remember how stunning it sounded at NEBO5?
    Indeed I did. Bare in mind that the system it was being used had to deal with driving a huge expanse and there was no lack of Bass. I would have one tomorrow but they are as rare as rocking horse shit.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I've been using my 103 straight into my Firebottle and it sounds pretty good.
    Yeah, I will give it a go, need to rearrange the system to try it though.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast