+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Feickert's Twin - I presume

I'm Andy.

Default Dr Feickert's Twin - I presume

Hi All
    The Dr Feickert Twin arrived this morning. This thing is fantastic on unpacking it build quality is very obviously excellent. When finally put together, taking into account I am off the last of 4, 12Hr night shifts and only 3 hours kip. I am massively please with everything about it. The sound is still stunning me now, I really am most pleased, as in some way it was a risky purchase but the whole design of the TT contained all the stuff I have liked and enjoy in the past with various TT's.
    The other great device is the Dr Feickert Alignment gauge, brilliantly simple and easy to use and very accurate, have compared it with my other gauges and protractors and they all agree it works and ever so simple looks like it will cope with any length of tonearm.
    I've used a lot of big words above, well big to me anyway, I'm not normally prone to over excitement and exaggration but thiis TT is great this has to be the keeper.
    Sorry if I have come across as a bit of a git, it's not intended.

Andy - SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 11-04-2008 at 19:21.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Andy,

Nice one.

Superb looking turntable - respect

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

Cheers Marco
    I'm absolutely knackered but can't stop play records at the moment, I feel a bit of a serious session coming on tomorrow.

Andy - SDDW

I'm InSpace.

mmMMmm.... looks very nice indeed.

Can I come and have a listen sometime please?
    (I live just about within walking distance of Andy )

Cheers,
    Mike.
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

That's what it's all about, dude

What made you go for that particular T/T?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

Hi Guys
    I have owned a few TT's over the years from PT's, Audio Note TT3, Nottingham Dais and lastly a Redpoint. I found I seemed to enjoy non-suspended TT's better, I liked and prefered the use of Acrylics and composite materials and also got on better with high mass platters and if anyone has heard the difference a thread drive dose for a suitable TT you just wouldn't go back to a belt etc, though the thread on the Twin is a Kevlar composit material.
    As I noted it was a touch of a risk in buying but brilliantly pleased with the end results. The other TT's I considered seriously were the Sheu Das Laufwerk, Nordic Concept Artist, Transrotor, and Acoustic Solid, But the Twin just felt right.
    Mike you are more than welcome to nip over for a visit just let me know when there's always plenty of coffee on the go, I might be able to stretch to a tea even.

Andy - SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 12-04-2008 at 07:29.

I'm Steve.

Andy..Wow.
    Love it.
    Just checked out their web-site. Doesn't seem to be a UK dealer. How did you get to listen to one?

I think Andy just 'winged it', Steve.

Well done, I say!

I did the same thing with the KAB-modified SL-1210 that I imported from America. Sometimes you just 'know' you'll like something.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andy.

Hi Steve
    Marco got it right, sort of winged it and intuition, pulled it off this time in a great way.

Andy - SDDW

I've always liked high-mass thread-drive T/Ts, and your Dr Feickert Twin reminds me a bit of a Platine Verdier which is one of my favourite decks. The Brinkmann La Grange is another.

IMO, high-mass or direct-drive is the only way to go with a T/T. The idler approach has something going for it, too, a la Garrard or Lenco, but flimsy belt-drives with puny little motors? Forget it!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast