+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simplify media

Default simplify media

one for the geeks this i think, what's gone wrong? i've downloaded this app and set it up on my mac mini/iphone no probs, except when i goto preferences>music and select my external hdd i get a 'no music available' message, if i select itunes library and playlists i can access just 17 tracks of 60 odd gig thats on the ext hdd, can anyone help?

my itunes works fine, if i use remote on the iphone all my music is available, as it is via the ibook, go connect to server, mac mini, screen share options.

it seems my ext hdd isn't in my 'music' folder, help.
    cheers
    steve

Default simplify media

p.s,
    i just downloaded a song from itunes and my available tunes has jumped up to 18, don't know if that helps but there you go, make of it what you will.
    cheers
    steve

Default simplify media

update,
    i may have found the problem, in simplify media>preferences>my music folder>add individual folders>ext hdd> if i now select any album and click ok, i get the message 'there are no music files in the folders selected'

to me this points to file ext problem?
    steve

I'm Nick.

Hi Steve - hope you can get to the bottom of this. I have a Mac, but I've not tried Simplify, so can't offer much help. Hopefully someone will pop by who can shed some light on things. You may well be on the right track though. Interesting that iTunes purchased content appears, but your other stuff doesn't. Was the track you purchased iTunes Plus or bog-standard DRM'd stuff?

Are you running the latest version of iTunes? Have you tried ripping something off one of your own discs since installing Simplify, and does that appear OK, like the track you downloaded from the Store?

Good luck getting things sorted.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Default simplify... a note of caution

ok so i think i've cracked it, the 18 files that are available are all m4a, i.e. apple lossless, the 60 gig that's gone missing are all aif. so it seems simplify doesn't recognise aif, luckily i have a large lossless library on the ibook so i wiped the ext hdd, and copied the itunes folder from the ibook onto it. i'm hoping i'll have loads of tunes available for those who wish to join me.

i'll let you know how it goes.
    steve

p.s before you ask yes i backed up the ext hdd to another ext hdd before wiping.

Default simplify won't recognise aif files

well the title say's it all really doesn't it? i'm now sharing 'quite a large no of files' simplify informs me, about 300 albums for your perusal.
    if your planning on using simplify, go lossloss m4a.
    cheers
    steve

I'm Dan.

alright steve, if you want to have a browse through my stuff, my username is pogoyen, and you're welcome to add me. it's left online most of the day

Default simplify

anybody else bothering? invite me or give me your name and i'll invite you.
    thanks
    steve

I'm Gary.

Hi Steve,

my User name is Gazjam...

35k tracks for your perusal!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Lee.

Mine is lrwebb

Just a thought, all simplify users could add their username to their sig, no?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast