+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAVE

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    8K though.... crikey.
    Err yes thats the only drawback.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Err yes thats the only drawback.
    8000 drawbacks

Not heard the KEF Blades but I imagine they take no prisoners and will show up anything that is going 'wrong' so the set-up must be pretty impressive to sound like you describe it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

What did you compare the DAVE DAC with in that setup? Was it the Hugo?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    What did you compare the DAVE DAC with in that setup? Was it the Hugo?
    Hi Neil, I did not compare direct comparison of Hugo at this listening session although I have heard Hugo and Hugo TT many times.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Justin.

Got to be careful with DACs. As the owner of an expensive one, listening to cheap ones always makes me think. No doubt there are some very good cheap DACs around that make the term value for money a complete joke when it comes to > £5K efforts.

I had three running in my system at pretty much the same time last week. The cheapest was a Sound Blaster E5 headphone amp effort and TBH it sounds really very acceptable.

I'm James.

I can assure you Justin I am in the cheapo territory regarding any possible purchase of a DAC and DAVE is well outside my wallet potential!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I can assure you Justin I am in the cheapo territory regarding any possible purchase of a DAC and DAVE is well outside my wallet potential!
    Well I hope what I said makes that easier to swallow, cos I firmly believe it is true. However, I ended up where I am for a reason. Now what the hell was it?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Well I hope what I said makes that easier to swallow, cos I firmly believe it is true. However, I ended up where I am for a reason. Now what the hell was it?
    There are many more tubes out there ready for you to try.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12