+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Get a Hi-Fi Related Christmas Present Today?

I'm Geoff.

Default Did You Get a Hi-Fi Related Christmas Present Today?

Who received Hi-Fi related Christmas presents today?

I didn't actually get one, but ordered mine last night. So it's from me to me.

Spotted a dealer with some speaker cable I've been after for absolutely ages. 11 metres of Transparent Audio Musichord.

Should be great. I've already got a 2.5m pair that sound excellent and was after longer examples.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Brian.

This looks interesting Geoff , got a link ?
    No hifi related presents here as none of my family would have a clue what to get me and so stick to ''mainstream '' gifts .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Gary.

Buy myself the hifi stuff, and Santa brought me a valve amp this year.
    My Son got me an electronic guitar tuner, so that's kinda related?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    This looks interesting Geoff , got a link ?
    No hifi related presents here as none of my family would have a clue what to get me and so stick to ''mainstream '' gifts .
    There is a link. But I bought the only cable on offer (as far as I know).

http://www.vickershifi.com/products/...-speaker-cable

I've used many speaker cables, but this simple looking stuff is superb. Worth looking out for, but very rarely available.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Got an emotiva phono stage and a neet wireless receiver thingy. Not sure what to do with it mind lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Default A couple of goodies

My other half has most kindly bought me a hand-wired Aural Thrills Reference Phono Stage with lots of 12AU7 goodness. This one is with the choke option and the separate 274b rectified power supply. It also comes with a switch box and a separate mc SUT. Plenty of scope for tube rolling coming up...

Sadly, she is still in Sydney (on relly patrol) and won't be back for three or four days but I'll post pics then.

In the meantime I treated myself to the Riverside 22 LP box set of Theolonius Monk, which is what I'm listening to now.

Nice!

Happy Christmas all!

Peter
    Separates Systems:

(1) Antipodes CX and EX, Matrix Audio X-Saber DSD, Meridian DSP7000 active speakers;
    (2) Lumin D2, Cary CD-308 cdp, Quad 99 power amp, Horns 5degreeN*27 speakers;
    (3) Homebrew PC with Onkyo Wavio SE200 soundcard running Daphile, Quad 44 and 405.2 into Dali Zensor 1s;
    (4) Sooloos C15 plus storage, Braun A2, P1, CD3, C1 and T1 into Sonus Faber Concertos.

Integrated Home System:

Sony PS-X600, Naimnet NNT01 DAB Tuner; NS02 Server; NNP01/NNP02 room amplifiers; Netstreams switches, keypads, KEF Ci130QS/Soundlight speakers.

I'm Grant.

Whats relly patrol?

Sounds like a nice phono..lucky you
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kember View Post
    My other half has most kindly bought me a hand-wired Aural Thrills Reference Phono Stage
    Should be interesting Peter. Let us know how you get on with it.

The drivers in the speakers on the website look a little familiar.

I have a pair!

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There is a link. But I bought the only cable on offer (as far as I know).

http://www.vickershifi.com/products/...-speaker-cable

I've used many speaker cables, but this simple looking stuff is superb. Worth looking out for, but very rarely available.
    Thanks Geoff , I'll keep my eyes peeled
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Buy myself the hifi stuff, and Santa brought me a valve amp this year.
    My Son got me an electronic guitar tuner, so that's kinda related?
    My son got a Boss OD-1X, a TC Electronics Spark Mini Booster, and a TC Electronics Polytune Clip.

The Polytune Clip is fantastic - I might have to buy one for me as well.
    It's nice not having to find a lead and plug everything in for tuning up
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast