+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Sound Audio discrete Op-amp upgrade

I'm Rob.

I am interested to know what benefit pictures of the piece of kit that might be chosen to test these devices will be to you. If anyone here has posted an interest in trying these op-amps, then they know what an op-amp is and will have the necessary skill to fit them.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Sam.

Because Burson Audio have a lot of testimonials from customers up on their website along with photos - helps people see what can be done and give example of what has already been successful.

I'm Colin.

Default Op Amp Replacement

Hi Charles,

Have you a technical spec?
    What are the noises figures?
    What is the power rail requirements?

Best Colin

Happy New Year

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I am interested to know what benefit pictures of the piece of kit that might be chosen to test these devices will be to you. If anyone here has posted an interest in trying these op-amps, then they know what an op-amp is and will have the necessary skill to fit them.
    As Rob said (and thanks for that), we have a gallery of DIY projects from users all over the world. They are used as a reference for people attempting to do the same modification/upgrade.

Regarding specs, i'm leaving a link with the Datasheet.

(V5 Datasheet)

Thanks so far for your comments and feedback guys, we still need a few participants to start our first round.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by SS-Audio View Post
    As Rob said (and thanks for that), we have a gallery of DIY projects from users all over the world. They are used as a reference for people attempting to do the same modification/upgrade.

Regarding specs, i'm leaving a link with the Datasheet.

(V5 Datasheet)

Thanks so far for your comments and feedback guys, we still need a few participants to start our first round.
    I would be interested in trying a couple of dual devices in my active crossover. I only have one opamp per channel in the signal path in my system so it's quite easy to hear the sonic signature if the device in circuit. The electronic crossover is set to 120Hz to integrate my 2-way speakers with my electronically corrected stereo LF system - this has a -3dB @ 10Hz with a 1st order rolloff. I also rolloff the input at 10Hz by capacitor coupling. The reason for these ludicrously low corner frequencies is not to produce bass that induces sickness, but rather to have exemplary transient response at LF. The benefit of this is that bass overhang does not mask the critical mid and treble.

Looking at the (rather sparse) spec of the VS device it looks like it would work well in this application - assuming it is unity gain stable. The JFET inputs will not cause any accuracy errors in an electronic filter circuit and OL gain should be sufficient.

I am currently running a pair of OP275s, but have a wide range of opamps to compare with. I use the Technics virtual battery regulator principle (78/7915 and low noise opamp to servo out the noise) and have found this to be the best sounding regulator of the many 10s I've tried.

I have tried several discrete opamps (e.g. Jensen JE990 and Stan Curtis' System A etc). I have yet to hear a discrete opamp that sounds less intrusive than a good opamp. Hopefully the VS can change this!

BTW my entire system is home made. There is not much point in posting pics - it's just a few black boxes and some generic looking speakers.
    Last edited by Starterman; 12-01-2016 at 10:50.

I'm Charles.

Hi Dave,

You are welcome to participate, our V5 has been widely used on different audio applications with good results. If you have op-amps to compare with that is even better

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by SS-Audio View Post
    Hi Dave,

You are welcome to participate, our V5 has been widely used on different audio applications with good results. If you have op-amps to compare with that is even better
    OK Thanks!
    Do you have any recommendations for the best regs to power your VSamps? (I expect you will say your own :-))

Here is the board they will be tried out in:

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Starterman View Post
    OK Thanks!
    Do you have any recommendations for the best regs to power your VSamps? (I expect you will say your own :-))
    Our op-amp can be powered by any regulated power supply. Of course the more well built and well designed power supply the better the overall audio performance.

I'm Rob.

Is this still happening? If so I will take some pics.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Dave.

Not sure if we showed enough interest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast