+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primare

I'm gone.

Boring! - I prefer the bling.

I'm Martin.

Quite a lot of "likes", then, but not many owners !

I'm Jeffrey.

I previously owned the I30 which was a fantastic amplifier. I also have an A20 but it needs to be repaired. It's lovely looking gear that more than sounds the part.

I have heard, however, the newer amplifiers utilizing Class D circuitry are not as nice sounding as the older Class AB amplifiers. Hard to really say without hearing them, though.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckaudioguy View Post
    I have heard, however, the newer amplifiers utilizing Class D circuitry are not as nice sounding as the older Class AB amplifiers.
    The magazine reviews of the Class D amps (at least the ones I've seen) are universally very good, but there is a fair amount of Forum opinion (informed or not, who knows !) that doesn't like Class D amps. I think the Primare implementation is somewhat different from most because they engineer and produce their own modules. I've never heard them, but I'm curious to know how they would get on with Quad ESL63s. The UK distributor reckons they'd do very well, but then he would, wouldn't he.

I'm Brian.

Slightly off topic , but one of the guys up here uses Temple Audio monoblocks with his ESL 63s and they sound very good indeed
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Paul.

Primare, far from being "blinged up dross" is superbly designed and well made gear, as anyone who's had the privilege of ownership knows. I had the Primare i30 integrated amp which was built like a battleship, superbly engineered and would have driven just about anything. Sweet sounding amp too and would probably have out-lasted me. As already mentioned, streaks ahead of MF gear (imho anyway). Jerry...you have a short memory as I think you did in fact hear my Primare and I may have even brought it over to jandl100 towers at one point (it certainly got an outing to Jakes).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12