+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving out of my cave

I'm Pete.

I see a number of hard edges ...fire place fire surround etc .....try less toe in so that none of the drivers are able "to see" these reflective edges...or maybe bring speakers about 150mm further out. I'm guessing its a suspended floor too ? so you want to reduce vibration getting into it ......try isolating the speaker from floor ...a quick and dirty method is to use bubble wrap under speakers ...but a lot depends how heavy they are to what you use. I also assume the wooden cones are for under the speakers .....? this will just improve vibration transmission into an unwanted area ....

I'm Steve.

Mmm. Food for thought. Thanks Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Good luck with it Steve and probably quite liberating and sensible to down scale the amount in the collection as it can become quite obsessive! (says the man who had 7 pairs of speakers here at one point!). I think that your approach is probably the correct one for you, given the problems acoustically you've had getting things to sound acceptable. The only other suggestion is to keep the larger man-cave for the set up but invest in some acoustic treatment as just about every space benefits from some treatment which can make a huge positive difference. I'd only keep one deck, but perhaps have a few headshells for different cart choices to allow you to have a play. Best of luck with it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12