+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Problem!!!!

I'm Graham.

Default Another Problem!!!!

Having just posted how good a match my new NAD C270 power amp was to my C370 - I now find that my headphone socket no longer works!!!!!! (on the C370) Is this because the power amp is connected???? Is there a way round it??
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" Ernest Hemingway

Set-Up (So Far) Garrard 401 with Rega 300 arm & Black 2M, Longdog Audio twin valve dual input phono, Denon DVD 2500 Transport all through Creek Destiny Mk1 integrated amp into Rega RS3 Floor standers

I'm Barry.

Never had any headphones so can't help but thats a strange one

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    Never had any headphones so can't help but thats a strange one
    Worked fine before the power amp was connected!! Trouble is, my missus keeps telling me to turn it down now - so thought I'd put the headphones on Now nothing??? and there is no jack plug socket on the power amp????
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" Ernest Hemingway

Set-Up (So Far) Garrard 401 with Rega 300 arm & Black 2M, Longdog Audio twin valve dual input phono, Denon DVD 2500 Transport all through Creek Destiny Mk1 integrated amp into Rega RS3 Floor standers

I'm Grant.

The headphone output may well be taken from further up the chain and as your outputting from the pre section it may not work. Unplugging the amp from the power amp will prove this theory.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barry.

i suspect this must be the case with all pre/power combos the power output is now from the C270.

I'm Graham.

After a quick read of the manual and it stating that they are both identical in gain and that I can connect to the pre out 2 and leave the pre out shunt in place - I'll try this tomorrow to see if that changes anything

I'm Graham.

Or on another track......If I bi-amped with one amp per speaker would that work or do I need to have 4 posts on my speakers??

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    i suspect this must be the case with all pre/power combos the power output is now from the C270.
    A bit of a sweeping statement should have said maybe and some

I'm Paul.

What happens if you switch off the power amp. Do the headphones work then?

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Brown View Post
    Or on another track......If I bi-amped with one amp per speaker would that work or do I need to have 4 posts on my speakers??
    You only need 4 posts if you are driving the treble and bass separately, so 2 will do.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast