+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transporting speakers

I'm Hugh.

Back in the 70's I drove down to the IMF factory in High Wycombe with a pair of ALS40s. The midrange unit on one of them had failed and they were going to replace both of them with mark two drivers.

I didn't have the original boxes, so the speakers were lying on their backs(recessed terminals) in a hatch back with the cones facing up . I got a gentle telling off when I arrived. They reckoned that was the worst orientation for transport.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    Back in the 70's I drove down to the IMF factory in High Wycombe with a pair of ALS40s. The midrange unit on one of them had failed and they were going to replace both of them with mark two drivers.

I didn't have the original boxes, so the speakers were lying on their backs(recessed terminals) in a hatch back with the cones facing up . I got a gentle telling off when I arrived. They reckoned that was the worst orientation for transport.
    Strange, that is how I might transport speakers. In fact I have done many times, no problem.

Now, transporting two Quad ESL57's in an original type Mini to Quad, now that is not easy for other reasons! But I did it.
    Spendorman

I'm Richard.

Did they say why?
    ABD.

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Did they say why?
    No, though they reckoned they should be upright.

I'm Richard.

No, though they reckoned they should be upright.
    A bit tricky with floorstanders! And I wonder how they were shipped to and from the factory.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12