Hi, thank you to all for the warm welcome to the site.

My current setup, as mentioned in my post on the "Welcome" section is: Reciever: Marantz 2240, TT: Dual CS-606 with Ortofon ULM52E cartridge, Speakers: Paradigm 3se mini

I'm planning on buying an entirely new system soon(ish). I've already decided on going with an integrated amp (hopefully with a built in phono stage). My current setup sounds great 'til I really crank it, then it becomes quite muddy and distorted. Moving on to my main questions...

1. Is Marantz still a good for mid-range hifi? I've heard various opinions on it. Or, should I go with Naim Audio / NAD Audio? (with Marantz, I'd only consider models made in Japan, like the P8005/P7005). I've posted a similar post on another forum and was told that "Abrahamsen" integrated amps are good. Opinions?

2. Should I invest in a DAC, and if so which one? Right now I hook up my digital devices through the auxiliary input on my 2240.

3. I'm planning on going with either a Pro-ject Debut Carbon or Rega P1 (or possibly a NAD C556, or a Dual CS-455-1), would these compliment my system well?

4. I plan on sticking with Paradigm speakers, unsure of the model yet.

I plan to spend $3-4000 and end up with a mid-range hi-fi system.

Any and all suggestions/help appreciated!