Closed Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change - scam or no scam?

I'm Martin.

The climate has always changed. The question is not 'is the climate changing', since we know the climate has changed radically even before mankind existed, but 'is man made CO2 the cause'.

BTW Jerry my position on smoking in restaurants and pubs is that it should be up to the owner to decide if it is allowed. Not the government.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The climate has always changed. The question is not 'is the climate changing', since we know the climate has changed radically even before mankind existed, but 'is man made CO2 the cause'.

BTW Jerry my position on smoking in restaurants and pubs is that it should be up to the owner to decide if it is allowed. Not the government.
    Agree on both counts.

Climate change has been cyclic and unpredictable, and as you suggest, since before it was recorded. There have been minor changes and huge ones which were nothing to do with manmade pollution.

Sooner or later 'they' (whoever they are) may try to make Climate Change denying a criminal act.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Well, we're about due for the next ice age (a bit overdue, actually, I think) according to the long term averages.
    It has been suggested that artificial climate warming will delay this.
    Could be a good thing!
    Or not.

I'm gone.

OFF TOPIC ALERT !!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ah, yep, I've found your actual posting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Macca
    The problem is, Marco, that no-one forces anyone to go to a pub or resteraunt. If you don't like smoking then you don't go to places where people smoke.

Which can, just, be read either way.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Well, we're about due for the next ice age (a bit overdue, actually, I think) according to the long term averages.
    It has been suggested that artificial climate warming will delay this.
    Could be a good thing!
    Or not.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Loveday
    If you can find a copy, Pete Loveday's "Plain Rapper #1" makes interesting reading. In it he puts forward the theory that the next ice age is overdue (the double wobble of the earth's axis has already occurred) and the only thing holding it back is post industrial revolution warming! When the pressure becomes too great there will simply be no spring one year, just an endless winter! Printed on hemp paper too. I read it about 25 years ago and it gave me the shivers.
    I guess we will know for sure in a few hundred years. But besides all that, not using up all the unrenewable resources and not polluting the planet any more would be a Good Thing.
    ABD.

I'm Grant.

Neuk someone...thats gotta warm up the planet a bit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Neuk someone...thats gotta warm up the planet a bit
    You ever heard of Nuclear Winter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

- probably not a good idea, on consideration.

I'm Grant.

As Nelson Muntz said. Gotta neuk something lol.

The climate is something which is in constant change. Inclined to agree that a change is overdue irrelevant of what we do. Thats not to say we cant help to slow things down a little though.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

A change is as good as a rest. So they say.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Justin.

Now let's assume CO2 levels are causing global warming.

Why are they rising? Massive population increases. This is the fundamental problem and no one seems to talk much about it, and most political parties realise restricting birth rates is a vote loser.

Given that, I'd suggest some serious wars will occur due to resource contention before climate change problems really manifest themselves enough to matter.

We should realise (those in their 60s and less) just how fortunate we have been so far with regards to this. Unless birth rates are reduced, there will be some serious, serious trouble.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast