+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Portable headphone amplifier as good as the Capella

I'm david.

Default Portable headphone amplifier as good as the Capella

Hi, I wonder if Stanley could design a portable (small) headphone amplifier that is as good as the capella (without the additional controls although balance would be nice) for iems and sensitive fullsize headphones like the oppo pm3/nad hp50

I have been comparing the Capella to the fiio e12a using shure se535 and the differences are noticeable, more clarity and wider soundstage with more air between instruments. Unfortunately it is difficult to carry the Capella around in one's pocket.

d

I'm alan.

Try a Neco Soundlabs V3,and save Stanley the trouble.I used one in my portable days,the battery lasts forever... Amazing soundstage.
    Revox B795,NVA Phono 1,Teac PD H500C,SB Touch,Mark Grant Linear PSU,Bushmaster MkII,NVA AP70,IPL LS3TLM.Royd Minstrels.

I'm Dave.

I have been using a Lear FSM-02 V2, impressed so far.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm rupert.

this is very expensive but maybe interesting... it looks good
    http://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/casque...r-p-10168.html

I'm Adam.

Funny you should mention this I have often thought that it would be great if Stan could move into portable products.

I have just returned from a Half Term short break in the Peak District. Whilst I was staying in a Premier Inn I only had a Tesco Hudl 2 loaded with Flacs and a pair of V Jays Headphones. OK but no comparison to my Bushmaster II, Capella and HD650s at home !

Sometimes on going away to my parents for Xmas I have even packed my old Bushmaster I Dac, Squeezebox and HD650s much to the bemusement of my wife !!

What I really dream of is a proper Beresford DAP media player with some of the quality of the Bushmaster / Caiman in the DAC section and some of the Capella DNA in the Headphone Amp.

As it stands I am thinking of buying a Fiio X3 MKII DAP for Xmas - but wouldn't it be great to have a Beresford portable solution !
    Adam.

I'm tony.

The Sansa clip plus is a good sounding wee player. It lets you expand the memory via mini sd card. Disable the volume limiter and it will drive 650s.

The Cowan players are the best I have heard sonically. All the Fiio stuff I have tried has been very disappointing aimed at bass heads methinks.

The Capella and CM2 are hard to get close to IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread