+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: record cleaning

I'm David.

Default record cleaning

is this any good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Knosti-Disco-A...d=p3286.c0.m14

any other suggestions? thats about my budget!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Clive.

Not convinced by that.

Maybe this would work well: http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/aud...ningsystem.php

I'm Dave.

IMO, it's no more effective than putting your record on a pencil and dipping it in barely lukewarm water in a bowl etc etc.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hamish,

Send me any records you want cleaned and I'll do them for you on the VPI for a (very small) fee, and it'll include brand new sleeves. That'll give you a start and let you know how good your records can sound when they're properly clean!

If you're interested, PM me

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

That Mapleshade steamer looks like a re-badged product that used to be advertised for cleaning upholstery or something similar.

I'm Greg.

Hmmm, I'd not invest in a Mapleshade without the benefit of a review. I'm not sure about the wisdom of subjecting the grooves to temperature around 100C even for a short moment. Any chance of a review, Clive?

I still swear by the Okki Nokki. Probably not the best cleaner around but certainly very effective at a reasonable price. The Knosti-Disco is absolute pants. Sent mine back for a refund.

I'm David.

I have seen these okki nokki before ... Are they good, are they still available to buy, are there cheaper versions?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    is this any good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Knosti-Disco-A...d=p3286.c0.m14

any other suggestions? thats about my budget!

No they are pants! As your budget is tight stick to a good anti static brush like the Hunt EDA...

o0ops Greg beat me to it Hi Greg!
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm David.

Cheers marco, il bare that in mind! I have a couple of disks with some fairly persistant clicks/pops
    what's a vpi?

Cheers for the rest of the pointers everyone else!

I'm Greg.

Hi Hamish,

Have a look here.

http://www.okkinokki.co.uk/

£360 may seem a lot but it's much cheaper than most of the other effective options and it really does work. I suppose it depends on the size of your library. I kept costs down by doing a joint purchase with a friend. Considering the frequency of use, a joint or even group purchase is a good way of doing it.

Regards,

Greg

PS. Hi Neal. Hope all is good with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast