Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three letters rather than four..

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    The TFS is a media streamer
    Ah. I thought it may have been part of the amplification. Not familiar with any of the items.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Interesting tastes in music you have - I have to confess that all of the performers you have named are totally new to me. Again you have something to share with us.
    Regards
    Barry
    http://www.pianoday.org/ Free download of Nils Frahm's "Solo" played on the Klavins M370. As in a 3m70 tall piano! Lovely sound, but I'm not a fan of Frahm's other albums.
    ABD.

I'm Kaz.

Solo is my favourite too Richard, just love those percussive sounds! I like The Bells as well. It's quite moving in places, if perhaps a tad sombre. Elsewhere he crosses more into electronica. The Live on KEXP Session on youtube is quite something.

Thanks for the universal warm welcome, I'll go back and see if i can respond further shortly. Sincere assurance of respect in terms of place and person. Assurance of following normal fashion is less forthcoming. I hope in this respect some leeway can be granted

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Kaz,

Quote Originally Posted by little ditty View Post
    I'll go back and see if i can respond further shortly. Sincere assurance of respect in terms of place and person. Assurance of following normal fashion is less forthcoming. I hope in this respect some leeway can be granted
    Not sure what that's supposed to mean - could you clarify?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Kaz.

Geoff.

I'm Kaz.

Thanks Geoff

Marco, I just wanted to try and express that respect will be shown, as it would if we met face to face. I am in a new domain, if you like and as a result I will show this space respect similarly. Thank you for allowing me to make this explicit as I would not want there to be any misunderstanding or feeling of duplicity in terms of on and off line personae. Sorry if my attempt at humour has been misconstrued. All I was looking to express was that I am no dedicated follower of fashion I hope you can agree that this is no bad thing?

Indeed, and there will be no problems, as long as you do this:

Quote Originally Posted by little ditty
    I am in a new domain, if you like and as a result I will show this space respect similarly.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Richard.

Hey Kaz, one of the things to learn here is that Marco has a short fuse where some subjects are concerned*. Other than that he's not too bad.
    * When you work out what they are, you can set him off whenever you want.**
    **Oops! Did I say that out loud?
    ABD.

Watch it!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Kaz.

We are all scarred/ weakened. However, our ability to regenerate cannot be discounted..

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast