+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: My Current Setup

I'm Ian.

I've treated myself to a new top loading CD Transport -> Jay's Audio CDT2 MK2.

I'll put in-situ photos up over the next couple of days.

I'm Jo.

Default Tidy!

Looks like 15 Kilograms of heaven....
    Last edited by Landloper; 24-01-2019 at 21:12.

I'm David.

Very nice, looking forward to your findings.

I'm Spencer.

Looks the business Ian.

Let us know how it compares to your streaming set-up, I still use CD more than vinyl so thinking of improving on my current transport.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

That looks 'propa', Ian! Very nice indeed....Can't be many companies now building high-end CD transports. How much did it set you back and what mech does it use?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That looks 'propa', Ian! Very nice indeed....Can't be many companies now building high-end CD transports. How much did it set you back and what mech does it use?

Marco.
    They are £1850 including delivery from Willow Tree Audio.

It uses a Philips CDM4 -> https://www.vinshineaudio.com/produc...-s-audio-cdt-2

I'm extremely pleased with it. The only negative is that there is no on/off switch on the front panel or remote.

I'm Ian.

My digital-only system.

From top to bottom
    Jay's Audio CDT2 MK2 CD transport
    DiDiT 212SE DAC
    Magna Mano Ultra streamer
    Chevron Audio DAC1794 NOS DAC
    Phison PD2SE preamplifier + DAC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678