+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hob Wiring

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Hob Wiring

I don't know if there are any electricians on here but thought I'd post this as it's totally flummoxed me...

I have purchased a new induction cooker hob to replace my previous hob which was tripping the house rcd's and it was about time I had a new one anyway

However I just don't understand how to wire it up... behind my cooker I have a 30a junction with the standard Live, Neutral and Earth feeds... the recommended cable to come from the 30a junction to the hob is a cable called: H05V2V2-F.... I have purchased a length of this cable but it has 4 x wires coloured: Brown, Black, Grey and Yellow/Green

Apparently you have to use the H05V2V2-F cable or the warranty of the hob is voided, something to do with fire retardancy

Can anyone help how I wire in the 4 x wires into the 3 x junction

Also the hob end connections are: 1, 2, 3, N (Neutral) and Earth so again how on earth can you make 4 x wires fit the 5 x connections?

Thanks for any help
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

I would think you should be using the 3 core version for operation on 220-240V~: use an H05V2V2-F type three-core
    cable (3 x 2.5 mm2).
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

The make and model of the hob may help for someone to advise.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

If you don't know what you're doing get an electrician in to connect it up.
    I found this with the cable type number you listed, and it's a massive fire risk if you use the wrong diameter cable http://www.doncastercables.com/cable...Ordinary-Duty/
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

The hob is an AEG HK654200FB if that helps

It is rated at 7.4 kW
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

4 and 5 core is for using on 3 phase. which it wont be if you are in a house ie 380/415 volts 2.5mm is 24 amp cable
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

From the manual http://www.electrolux-ui.com//Docume...311502umEN.pdf:

Use the correct mains cable of type H05BB-F Tmax 90°C (or higher) for a single phase or
    two phase connection.
    It sounds like you bought a two phase cable by mistake.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    From the manual http://www.electrolux-ui.com//Docume...311502umEN.pdf:

It sounds like you bought a two phase cable by mistake.
    Hi Kevin the cable I have was purchased from AEG direct and it would seem that the HO5BB-F Tmax cable is just not available anywhere

I also think that the cable AEG supplied is for 2 phase....
    Bev

I'm Kevin.

Do you have any copper links?

Does this help?

http://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ae...-wiring.68347/

If you have any doubts, you need to get a qualified electrician to do this....
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

if they say its the right cable then it must be continental 2 phase or something like that. but the spec of the hob is 30 amps usage which is so close to your breaker limits it will likely blow again. they must be using double into single to work it I imagine.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast