+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Squeezebox stuff

I'm Jerry.

Default More Squeezebox stuff

I have been messing around with the higher quality internet stations today and added Radio Paradise 192mp3 to my favourites-sounds stunning but should I have picked 128aac instead?
    Also added Radio Caroline (320kbps) and Hi Fi Hits.
    Any others you recommend?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Jerry

Try this for Radio Paradise - the sound quality is stunning http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac-2.m3u .
    You will be able to play AAC stuff without any messing as long as you use SC 7.3 or above.

Chris

I'm Jerry.

Thanks Chris, trust me to not pick the best one.
    Any other stations you rate?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

TBH I listen to Auntie as much as anything else, using the iPlayer plugin.

Occasionally I listen to Planet Rock http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...l&partnerId=16

For orchestral stuff Brian (Labarum) is your man.

Chris

I'm Confused.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Jerry

Try this for Radio Paradise - the sound quality is stunning http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac-2.m3u .
    You will be able to play AAC stuff without any messing as long as you use SC 7.3 or above.

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Just thought I'd post my thanks for this link to Radio Paradise which I saw first time you posted it a few weeks ago. The sound quality is great IMHO, and I love the eclectic selection of tracks which I would describe as very wide and adult, if you know what I mean. I find myself listening to a quite a lot these days.
    BTW, thanks for the return of the cable - 'twas nice to meet and chat with Colin - don't he make some nice sounding and nice looking speakers, but a touch out of my price bracket, bargain though they are.
    Hope the recuperation continues well.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by DaveK; 04-10-2009 at 22:36. Reason: typo
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Just thought I'd post my thanks for this link to Radio Paradise which I saw first time you posted it a few weeks ago. The sound quality is great IMHO, and I love the eclectic selection of tracks which I would describe as very wide and adult, if you know what I mean. I find myself listening to a quite a lot these days.
    BTW, thanks for the return of the cable - 'twas nice to meet and chat with Colin - don't he make some nice sounding and nice looking speakers, but a touch out of my price bracket, bargain though they are.
    Hope the recuperation continues well.
    Cheers,
    Hi Dave

I'm glad that you enjoy the stylistic mix of music on Radio Paradise. The link I posted is specifically there for Squeezebox use, although it seems to be quite happy with Foobar.

Thanks for the loan of the cable - it was interesting to compare it with the stuff I use.

Colin does indeed make some rather nice speakers - there is yet another build in progress at the moment, the results of which I am looking forward to hearing.

Recuperation continues at its' own rate - rather too slowly methinks, but then you can't rush nature sometimes. I'm able to drive now, which is a step in the right direction.

Cheers
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread