+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: errrrmmm hello

I'm Steve.

Hi Steve. I hope you enjoy it here as I do. I was once a prolific poster on the wam too. Unfortunately I often felt like banging my head against a wall as some of the posters there are arrogant and pig-headed, which I am sure you won't find here as long as you can put reasons to your opinions! I don't post there through choice now.

anyway, enjoy!

Steve
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Chris.

Hi Steve
    Welcome aboard from another newbie.
    Looking at your system pics I think I remember you from the Scalford show, you played some Antonio Forcione for me - it was the first time I'd heard him - now I've got all his stuff.

I'm also running a computer source into a Bdac, Onkyo mini system and then home-made speakers as you did at the show - you must've influenced me...

Hope you enjoy your time here - it's certainly very friendly

cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wobbleu View Post
    Hi Steve
    Welcome aboard from another newbie.
    Looking at your system pics I think I remember you from the Scalford show, you played some Antonio Forcione for me - it was the first time I'd heard him - now I've got all his stuff.

I'm also running a computer source into a Bdac, Onkyo mini system and then home-made speakers as you did at the show - you must've influenced me...

Hope you enjoy your time here - it's certainly very friendly

cheers
    well i'm very pleased to hear that i've managed to help someone else find a way that suits their ears and fits their pocket.
    your right i did exhibit at scalford hall, and i did play antonio a couple of times, i'm very happy you enjoy his music and that's what it's about, passing on something that somebody can enjoy. it's nice to know that i've had a positive influence, i'm well chuffed.
    cheers
    steve

Maplins are knocking out desk top hard drives at £129.99 for 1 TB or £199.99 for 1.5 TB

Hi Steve,

I thought I've seen your handle before. Talk about a small world, eh?

Don't stop at Catatonia, they're good, at least 'International Velvet' is. I got myself a 500 Gb hd this spring, just to be there, and since then I collected so many titles I never listened to, it's amazing. So much music I was missing out on...

Anyways... welcome here, I hope you will enjoy it.
    Eddie

Spendor S5e
    AVI LSI
    Musical Fidelity A5 CDP
    B-DAC 7520

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    Maplins are knocking out desk top hard drives at £129.99 for 1 TB or £199.99 for 1.5 TB
    Make sure you buy two and use the other one as a backup! Leave nothing to chance
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    Make sure you buy two and use the other one for a backup! Leave nothing to chance
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

'Ello!

You're going to have a culture shock when you change your amp (the Classik was great in its own context at the time, although it's probably well outdated now). Have you thought of valves (WD?)...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    'Ello!

You're going to have a culture shock when you change your amp (the Classik was great in its own context at the time, although it's probably well outdated now). Have you thought of valves (WD?)...
    i have indeed, and i've heard a wd amp at a bake off and was impressed. i only bought the classik as an upgrade from an onkyo black box, having previously owned a sugden a21a that i sold to ease my nerves when my little boy started toddling around, all that shiny front panel was just too tempting. i did listen to a chinese valve amp for a week or so and it failed to impress, it was running far far to hot. the wd amp i listened to was much cooler running.
    cheers
    steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12