+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VW looking at the situation without the software

I'm Grant.

The maki!g of all the stuff in battery cars and disposal of after its fairly short life has to considered too. The global warming debate was initially a project by the Thatcher govt to push for more nuclear sites. Moneys were given to groups and more given to groups that came to the conclusions desired. This went on around the western world until it became a living breathing pseudo fact. Anyone then disagreeing with this line was non financed and rideculed etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

In a perfect world, Polution control at source would be the best solution, ie; you produce clean electricity, then supply the railways, and electric transport in cities, Electric cars for personal use would need to be much better than the junk they are promoting at the moment, battery, or power storage technology is the real key to this, however, we do not live in a perfect world, and most humans have a price where they are prepaired to sell out, for the sake of personal financial gains, the railways in the UK should have been converted to Electric as far back as the 1960's, when steam was being phased out, but we all know what happend, we ended up going over to dirty, smelly Diesels, instead, who's decision was that ? Either way, you can bet someone made a killing!
    Just imagine how far ahead we would have been now with Electricity supplies, and Electric vehicles, if the right decision was made all those years ago.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    No its petrol Geoff. C max. About only car I can get into comfortably.
    Have you considered a Citroen Berlingo or Peugeot Partner Grant. Plenty of older models now at little money.

We have a 13 year old 1.9 standard diesel and it's been very reliable. A bit gutless but depends what you want.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Funny but nearly bought one b4 this car but wife didnt like it. Much would depend on difference in price plus condition. Mine is in goid nick with very low mileage. 46k for a 05 plate is pretty low. I only did half that and got it when it was 3 years old.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by lurcher View Post
    Not sure I understand what you are saying here. There are various taxation pressures trying to alter owner and manufacturer behaviour. The emission tax class is aimed at promoting cleaner (CO2 wise at least) cars and that certainly affects the fleet sales maybe more than the personal purchase (look at the CO2 numbers for small engine 3 series BMW for example). The fuel tax pushes for more efficient cars (not saying thats why they do it, but its the result).
    Are we sure BMW haven't been fudging their figures too? :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Are we sure BMW haven't been fudging their figures too? :-)
    No, not at all, but I was just pointing out how the tax bands combined with fleet managers seems to directly set the target for the 3 series emissions. And conversely, by hitting those targets, I think they cleaned up in the fleet market.

Though with VW, it looks like Bosch have the smoking gun given they state they wrote test software for VW and informed them it would not be legal for road use.
    Nick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123