+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member saying hello

Default New member saying hello

Hello All, my name is Stephen Creamer aka screamer. I'm in my 50's and got into audio in my mid 20's. I think... my first (hi-end) system was a Carver C-4000 pre and an M-400 pwr amp along w/ maybe it was a Polk speaker, it was kinda flat, I forget. I had a Technics TT and I was in all my glory. As a kid I would fool around w/ speakers and some electronics. Built a stereo integrated amp in shop class, tubes and all.

Today I still like to build stuff although I could sure use a wood shop. Until then I depend in guys who have one.

My system consists of a highly modified CAT pre-amp. I forget the serial number but it's one of the first Signature models. It's gone through alot over the years but still continues to deliver. My amps consist of Wavelength Audio Cardnial X 300B mono blocs, Air Tight ATM 1 intergrated EL-34s tied into triode mode. An Acurus (sp?) SS amp and a home brewed 6SL7 driven 300B I built about 10yrs ago. This is the amp I listen to most. My speqakers are a Home Brew Cabasse 2-way, a pair of Rythm 1 (sp?) Lowther single driver and a pair of JM Labs Mini Utopias re-wired w/ Nirvana hook-up wire <-- totally changed this slightly sibilant speaker into a smooth sounding MTM.

My front end is constantly in the state of flux. As I write this I'm burning in a Buffalo 32 DAC. I also have a TDA 1541A w/ vacuum tube output stage and an Apogee DA1000E. Transports are a MicroMega and an Arcam Transport, also have a Pioneer S-95 in pieces due to some hack who was going to replace the clock and cut in a IEC outlet. Ruined the laser in the process, what a mess. Currently I'm unsuccessfully trying to use my PC laptop w/ Foobar 2k I bough a USB to SP/DIF converter off of ebay but I'm not sure if it works since I can't get the laptop to play music.

I like almost all kinds of music, but female vocals top my list of preferred stuff. i don't like RAP if it is considered music at all. No offense to those Rap, hip-hop guys and gals out there, it's just not my cup of tea.

It was suggested by Paul Hynes that I look at this forum. So far by the reading that I've done, it seems like a nice place to be. I hope to contribute as much as I can, but I'm sure that I'll lean more than I can contribute.

Any questions, just ask,

...screamer

I'm Nick.

Hi Stephen! Welcome to Art Of Sound. It's great to have you here. Enjoy yourself!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm David.

il second that,
    its amazing how well coloquials and phrase in text can give away a persons location
    good to have another international member
    (this place seems to be a hit with americans a bit more of late)
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Great post Screamer - welcome, sounds like you're having "fun" with your setup at the moment... Good luck sorting it.

Female vocalists probably top my favourites - if you haven't found it already, there's a thread on here devoted to that very topic - see if you can add any!

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2640
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Hi Stephen

Welcome to AOS

Interesting system you have. I for one would love to see some photos, any chance of you posting a few in the Gallery section of the forum.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's appreciated, really. I'm sure most of you know of forums that you need to be in w/ the clique. It seems that this is a friendly open kind of place. Again, Thanks!

Pics, well my "stuff" is in such disaray, I'm kind of ashamed. We moved here ~10yrs ago and in order to have a bigger home, I needed to give up a dedicated listening room. Now my rig sits in front of a fireplace in the den. I've looked at some of the rooms / systems you folk have and I'm extremely jealous.

...screamer

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by screamer View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's appreciated, really. I'm sure most of you know of forums that you need to be in w/ the clique. It seems that this is a friendly open kind of place. Again, Thanks!

Pics, well my "stuff" is in such disaray, I'm kind of ashamed. We moved here ~10yrs ago and in order to have a bigger home, I needed to give up a dedicated listening room. Now my rig sits in front of a fireplace in the den. I've looked at some of the rooms / systems you folk have and I'm extremely jealous.

...screamer
    Disaray is no excuse Pictures please ?

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Hi Stephen,
    Welcome!! Nice to see more "Americanos" here.
    This is a very nice civilized board to join.

BTW nice system too.

Den
    Pathos Classic One MKII, Marantz SA15 S2 Ltd, Usher CP6371, Clearaudio Emotion, CMB, Carbon Satisfy arm, Vista Audio Phono 1 MKII ACLE, Dyna 10x5, AT OC9ML/II, Ortofon X5MC, All WyWires.

I'm Steve.

Welcome Stephen from yet another Steve...

I hope you enjoy your time here.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

+ Reply to Thread