+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Caiman PSU

Default Caiman PSU

And the good news is that we have now got the PSU approved.
    Unlike some other DAC manufacturers, I like to get my power supplies developed around my product, instead of 'buying them in off the shelf from a third party'... That's the only way I can be satisfied that what I am giving my customers is what I would personally be happy to own myself.

There are about a hundred Caiman owners out there. So I am flying in 50 pieces next week for those people who bought a Caiman and would like to own the Caiman PSU. If there are more inquiries, I shall fly in some more later on, or ship them in by sea to save cost.

Now here is the deal: I am absorbing the cost of manufacturing for now. However, if you want one AND YOU OWN A CAIMAN, you'll have to fork out on the cost I incur for flying them in, paying import duty and VAT, and paying Paypal fee and postage & packing in order to send one out to you. The power cord on the TC-7520 PSU I shipped with the Caiman will also fit the Caiman PSU. So you'll only get the PSU. At the moment the cost is reckoned to be around £15 for European customers. I am not sure yet how much it is for outside Europe, but I reckon it will be around U$25 to U$30.

If you are interested, email me, quoting 'Caiman Power Supply from AoS' in the email header. No PM on this please. My inbox gets overloaded on a daily basis, so if I miss your PM you might get upset about missing the boat the first time round. My email address is on my website.

If you miss the boat this time round, I'll keep you on the list for the next round.

Stan
    Last edited by StanleyB; 30-09-2009 at 11:15.

Just wondering, would the PSU be useful or suitable for 7520 as well? or would the difference be negligible or none?

It improves my TC-7520, but you'll have to pay the full price and await your turn after the Caiman owners have had a chance.

I'm Steven.

Great news, I placed an order.

I hope I wasn't too late.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

..and if I can organize a delivery for me getting a Caiman, will that come with one of the new power supplies, or will it be a case of waiting until the existing owners have snapped up the corrent stocks ?
    Any idea what it would add to the price of a Caiman ?
    Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-Wi View Post
    Great news, I placed an order.

I hope I wasn't too late.
    Send me an email so that I can email you back the payment details.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinspain View Post
    ..and if I can organize a delivery for me getting a Caiman, will that come with one of the new power supplies, or will it be a case of waiting until the existing owners have snapped up the corrent stocks ?
    Any idea what it would add to the price of a Caiman ?
    In order to be fair to future Caiman buyers I intend to run the same offer past them till the end of October at least. But since there won't be any additional postage cost when a Caiman is ordered, it will be just the cost I incur that I shall add to the price. I make that roughly £7.50 plus VAT and Paypal fee at the moment. But I won't know for sure till the end of next week when the goods have been delivered to me.

That sounds good to me, as it is looking likely that I will be in the UK early November !
    Gives me something to look forward to this winter...
    Thanks Stan

I'm Confused.

Question

Good Afternoon Stan,
    I take it that the new PSU is an improvement on the one supplied with my 7520 (which I like to think I've had Caimanised by Tirna, but you may think differently ). Are you making the new PSU available to such owners as I?
    If so, on what terms, eg PX against the return of the original 7520 PSU?
    Hope you're still keeping calm, listening to Caimanised music and taking the proper medication, i.e. the odd glass of red .
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Good Afternoon Stan,
    I take it that the new PSU is an improvement on the one supplied with my 7520. Are you making the new PSU available to such owners as I?
    Only after the Ciamans have had a chance to feed first. Many Caiman owners have been patiently waiting for their own PSU, and it is only fair and proper that they get a first crack of the whip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast