+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denon AH GC20 headphones - mini review

I'm Stephen.

Default Denon AH GC20 headphones - mini review

These are one of the latest "travel headphone" offerings from Denon.
    They have both Bluetooth and cable inputs and noise cancelling .

I bought them a few months ago from Harrow Audio (£249) as I was doing a bit of air travel and wanted some noise cancelling headphones for a bit of peace and quiet. It's only in the last couple of days I've really had a chance to listen to them and assess the SQ.

Firstly, the noise cancelling feature is near perfect. Better than the Bose quiet comforts I had and left on a plane!
    As expected there is an instant reduction in background noise which gets more pronounced as the feedback circuitry adapts so after a minute or so it's inky black.

With regards to SQ I wasn't sure what to expect having bought them without audition. I've only used the Bluetooth input so far.

I have to say for a "travel" headphone they are quite stunning. Bass extension and control is really impressive with a really "musical" and involving presentation. Vocals are full of expression and realistic. The frequency response (to my ears) is not flat and there seems a slight lift in the midrange - a bit like the old loudness button but without the loss of detail and clarity that inevitably produced. The only niggle is a lack of absolute definition in the upper registers with high hat and wood blocks sounding a little dull and lifeless but I'm being overly picky and how much of that is the Bluetooth I'm not sure.

Battery life using Bluetooth is hours and hours.
    Build quality is really good they look and feel a premium product.
    Come with a really nifty travel case and accessories.

Anyone in he market for a set of high quality travel headphones should give these serious consideration.
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread