+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Lol... I dont take updates so not sure how it got by me to do that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I can now stop using this Acer PC. I bought it new a year or two ago and it's perfectly usable, but never been exactly quick. My regular W7 Acer is way quicker. I don't suppose the 4 gig of RAM is helping here. Think I'll probably flog it.

Funny thing is, Belarc Advisor tells me I'm using Windows 8.1, even though I know I'm now on Windows 10. Weird!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I can now stop using this Acer PC. I bought it new a year or two ago and it's perfectly usable, but never been exactly quick. My regular W7 Acer is way quicker. I don't suppose the 4 gig of RAM is helping here. Think I'll probably flog it.

Funny thing is, Belarc Advisor tells me I'm using Windows 8.1, even though I know I'm now on Windows 10. Weird!
    So, happy enough with it then on w10.?

4gig is way more than my win 7 i think..mind you it was a win vista originally.. Fine if i dont ask it to do 2 things at once lol.
    Need to try booting mine again now its off and see if it will kick up without any help.
    Fingers x-ed lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I spoke too soon. Doh! Just went through and its switched itself on and is updating again.. What the Capital F is going on?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I spoke too soon. Doh! Just went through and its switched itself on and is updating again.. What the Capital F is going on?
    Seeing as today is the last chance for the freebie, it's probably giving you a final dose of W10 stuff and will sneakily 'upgrade' you later.

I just downloaded a 'live' boot CD of ReactOS to try. Sounds interesting. Could be just the thing for an old PC I've got. Have a Google.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hum. Well its not really a cool version if you understand lol. Dont think the laptop could run w10 ....so hope not... Crazy
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

The monster is lurking
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    The monster is lurking
    Nah. The wife's out in the kitchen!

I'm Grant.

Jeez, im getting worried.. Thats a total of 238 updates.... One good thing is it now runs my zoner 18 pro that it couldnt b4 so ive got something out of it. Even updated it...great editing program that. Pleased to have it back.
    Think its finished now, ...he says with little confidence
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I got a huge batch of updates just like that when I told the PC to upgrade to W10. Suspicious mate.

(using the other W7 one now, flies along nicely, must rig my KVM switch up to save all the swapping about)

+ Reply to Thread