+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Well, the mug of tea did the trick, Mint 18 is now working with the Wi Fi.

There is a box in to which one enters the Wi Fi password, and there is an icon just at the end of the box, click on it and select the other option.

Then a dialogue box comes up asking for a "keyring", choose any password, confirm it, then the Wi Fi should work.

This keyring thing was in some old versions of Mint, seems to re-appeared in 18.

I'm using Mate.
    Dont seem to be getting same. I get the wifi box and there is an icon of 2 people, but you get 3 options, none of which give that with mine. Godamned stupid idea lol.
    Why not just have it as per normal.
    anyways I can run on a cable should I wish but I have to connect the tplink system... Bollox to it, I will stay with 17.3 I think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Yes, that's right, two people, just click on that and change it to "this user".
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

had to redo it on the old pen drive.. that new philips one wont do it for some reason.. working now.......ALAS, my ipad has packed up. just keeps cutting out
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

So 18 is working with Wi-Fi for you, good.

Ipad, overheating problem?
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    So 18 is working with Wi-Fi for you, good.

Ipad, overheating problem?
    Yes it's working on that pen, but wouldn't start on the Philips one, both done same way with universal usb. Must blue something about it that won't let it.

iPad I had to return to a new unit so lost everything. This backed up so may get info back. Seems to be working now
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Yes, sometimes a particular USB stick is not suitable for booting from, even though it works fine otherwise. I don't know why.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Seems that's it... I will try and find another one for switching that will work. iPad is now working again. Software must have got corrupted somehow, so had to do a fresh new iPad install. Some stuff was lost, although it's mostly recoverable with time. Just glad it's not, or doesn't seem to be hardware this time.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Just recovered from a PC attack. My browser was hijacked. I was on Google News and clicked a link to a news item, then the page I'd reached kept opening new tabs and replicating itself continually. Cleaning tools spyware/virus scanners wouldn't function. I restarted in safe mode and did a system restore, followed by a full spyware/virus scan and file cleaning, which now all worked. Seems OK now. I really didn't feel like reinstalling Windows at the moment.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just recovered from a PC attack. My browser was hijacked. I was on Google News and clicked a link to a news item, then the page I'd reached kept opening new tabs and replicating itself continually. Cleaning tools spyware/virus scanners wouldn't function. I restarted in safe mode and did a system restore, followed by a full spyware/virus scan and file cleaning, which now all worked. Seems OK now. I really didn't feel like reinstalling Windows at the moment.
    what system were you using Geoff?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what system were you using Geoff?
    W7
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread