+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

mine is done so will try it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Hope it works!
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

mine didnt run. just kept flipping back to press escape. Seemed to write it and it said it was successful.. At least I know thats bugged

deleted and formatted back to ntfs
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Hmmm, that's not good, booted on both my machines, but just that Wi Fi password problem. My desktop is connected using Wi Fi as it's a long way from the router.

Perhaps try UUI to install 18, but even if it boots, you may still have the Wi Fi problem.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

I'm Grant.

was uui I think..yes. it had the rw bit in it too. odd, it looked like it wrote well and passed everything.. I must have cocked up
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

I'm going out to get some milk, need a good mug of tea!
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Well, the mug of tea did the trick, Mint 18 is now working with the Wi Fi.

There is a box in to which one enters the Wi Fi password, and there is an icon just at the end of the box, click on it and select the other option.

Then a dialogue box comes up asking for a "keyring", choose any password, confirm it, then the Wi Fi should work.

This keyring thing was in some old versions of Mint, seems to re-appeared in 18.

I'm using Mate.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Ive got mate test 4 on a key. I will try it tomorrow. it only worked on ethernet. may cure it. might reinstall the cinnamon one too using universal ... must have been good tea.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

My use of the word "keyring" is referring to only a password that has to be entered to use Wi Fi, it's not the Wi Fi password that's supplied by the Internet Service Provider, or the actual USB memory stick.

Yorkshire tea, one of my favourites. Time for another perhaps.
    Last edited by spendorman; 04-07-2016 at 23:14.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread