+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 200 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Martin.

Yes it is a lap top I am trying to connect, but the 'phone is handy if you need to access the internet whilst out and about. I refuse to carry a laptop or tablet in a man bag as it just looks tragic. And I have little girly fingers not Cumberland sausages so I don't have any trouble with the typing.

Anyway new information has now come to light. The SSID is the network number not the password and is the one I need to select when choosing which network to link to.

The password to be entered is the one which is all lower case letters, cunningly identified as 'Pass' on the router.

So no wonder I was getting no joy last night.

So will have another go when I get home tonight.

Failing that will have to call Virgin on Saturday. (note that is Virgin the company, not a virgin...)
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Told u that several times
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

You said the SSID was the password. Or possibly I badly miss-understood you.

You see this is why I am not earning 6 figures in I.T
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

You badly misunderstood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by struth; 03-06-2016 at 13:26.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

story of my life...
    Current Lash Up:

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Martin the SSID is your network routers 'service set identifier' or in simple terms the name of your router. You select that and then enter the routers password to access the network. If you connect directly to your router via Ethernet cable as Grant suggesrs, you can alter the SSID and password to something you might remember.

It's generic but this may help http://compnetworking.about.com/od/w...outer_ssid.htm

I have no idea about Virgin, but most routers have the SSID or network name on the back and that's what you look for when your phone or laptop offers you the WiFi networks available. Select yours and then type the password in. Helps if you step away from the Guinness maybe

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Josie.

Is anyone having problems with YouTube? When I click a video all I get is the loading spinner... I've reset my router a few times and although at first this fixed it but now it's not.

I'm also having problems with Netflix through my DVD/BD player... it loads about a quarter then stops.

Any ideas would be great... It's getting silly now.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Nope, I was just on and its ok with me Josie.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

bugger... what the hell is going on?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

try resetting pc, or clear the cache.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread