+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 200 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    That laptop I buggered.. Lol

I've got it working to a point.. Not sure yet how well but...

I took an image of the hdd on another pc and along with a easeus backup emergency disc.

Managed to boot to easeus via a dvd rom then used the image backup on a flash drive. Ease us obviously did some clever stuff to get it to boot
    I can't see the AoS shortcut ikon.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

no shortcut....

well its working; not especially well but at least it will start and go online. might be able to do something with it yet.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm David.

I would know were to start with that lot on the screen.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    I would know were to start with that lot on the screen.
    lol its all off another pc. there are compatibility issues and a slowness setting up and going off mostly, but im checking a few things out today.

its better than nothing and at least its reading drives, and the adaptor works. its only a 32 bit os tho, should be a 64
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

More effort put in and its working better now.
    I now have two pcs using identical software on disimmilar hardware. Ive even got it working with my ipad as remote desktop. Only current downside is its only 32 bit version.
    View on ipad.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I've tried clicking on your icons. Not working for me!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

at least it is possible to do something i was always told you couldnt do. to speed it up i got it to try updating to latest version. it got to near end then failed and removed update, but it left in some stuff that made the system work better..

so pc is working well although currently only 32 bit. still better than nothing
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Well, bouyed by my success yesterday I decided to try again, this time using a 64 Pro version off my zbook.
    It worked and it took the latest version update too 1903.

How usable its going to be I don't know yet. It was a much smaller file as there isn't mu h on this zbook as it's mostly used for music and such.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

all seems so far to be fine. bonus is i have 64 bit pro latest version on a pc that used to have only the home version.

I was surprised it took update but hey ho... it did try it a number of times tho and i left it overnight to keep trying
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

My neighbour can't remember his log on for his Windows 7 laptop. He brought to me to see if I could do anything. I Googled the problem (well actually dudduckgoed it) and there are many solutions. I chose PCunlocker, http://www.pcunlocker.com/ and it worked very well, just deleted the unknown password. neighbour is pleased.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread