+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 200 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Only recently started using Night Light facility, lowers blue light on the monitor during evening so as to reduce eye strain, seems good.

In Windows 10 https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/e...10-night-light

Don't see in in my Enterprise LTSB version of W10, so use f.flux https://justgetflux.com/ (free).

Also use f.lux on other versions of Windows.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

I used to use that. Yes it's handy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Just been trying the latest Vivaldi browser, pretty impressed.

https://vivaldi.com
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Found that my zbook has what's called a display port, so got an adaptor to hdmi and got it mirrored along with sound to my TV, with sound optically diverted to my quad vena.
    Works rather well.
    Got a long range logitech keyboard and mouse coming tomorrow.
    Great little laptop the zbook
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Just opened my outlook/hotmail, everything is missing. Inbox, sent items and various other folders all empty. Hope it's just temporary.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Sorry to hear this, as you say, hope it's just temporary.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Seems to have been a Maxthon browser glitch. I found outlook was OK using I.E. and it is now back to normal on Maxthon. Weird.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

I read that Maxthon stores stuff in the cloud. Perhaps there was a temporary glitch pulling your Outlook credentials down?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Yes, it is a cloud browser. I suspect they may have been doing maintenance work on the site. All OK now though.

I'm Grant.

maxthon does have a cache on pc or on cloud, not sure, so it could have been full.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread