Page 142 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Don't really do anything worthy of their interest if they have any
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Don't really do anything worthy of their interest if they have any
    I do on-line banking, this worries me slightly. yesterday I put Linux Mint 18.3 on an old pc (with a new hybrid drive), just for banking, it really goes very fast.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

going to be changing my broadband next week. my new router arrived there and, surprise, it has a usb3 on back so i will hopefully be able to put a usb onto it and share it throughout my kit. not done it before so will have to see if it works easily or at all
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

going to be changing my broadband next week. my new router arrived there and, surprise, it has a usb3 on back so i will hopefully be able to put a usb onto it and share it throughout my kit. not done it before so will have to see if it works easily or at all
    My 2 year old Talktalk router has a USB 2.0 port on the back, but I looked in to using it, it didn't seem simple. Lets hope yours is more straight forward.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Default Computer Disaster Corner

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    My 2 year old Talktalk router has a USB 2.0 port on the back, but I looked in to using it, it didn't seem simple. Lets hope yours is more straight forward.
    Yes I hope so but don't know. Usb3 and I have a small one I could pop in initially with music and pics etc.

And yes it's talk talk I'm going to. Am with plumber and their pricing is getting silly. Was up to 38 pounds. When I phoned them they said they would reduce it to 26 if I resigned and. Cancelled talk talk. But my speed has also been dropping and I don't like cancelling. They were told if my price had been kept competitive it wouldn't happen.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Yes I hope so but don't know. Usb3 and I have a small one I could pop in initially with music and pics etc.

And yes it's talk talk I'm going to. Am with plusnet and their pricing is getting silly. Was up to 38 pounds. When I phoned them they said they would reduce it to 26 if I resigned and. Cancelled talk talk. But my speed has also been dropping and I don't like cancelling. They were told if my price had been kept competitive it wouldn't happen.
    Been with TT about 10 years, their service has got better, well, let's face it, it couldn't have got much worse! They have a "Loyalty Section" and seem to do me a good price.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

daughter has been with them for a while. dont know if she has had trouble. dont think so. will get free tt to tt calls so can call her for nowt
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

This may be of interest. I was a bit scared of making the router inoperative by fiddling with settings, so left it alone.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/...ng/td-p/990150
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

daughter has been with them for a while. dont know if she has had trouble. dont think so. will get free tt to tt calls so can call her for nowt
    Used to be free TT to TT for four hours.

The "Anytime" I think, add on may be worth considering.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

It was about 2007 I had quite a lot of trouble. They gave me a fixed IP to improve matters, I believe was really for business use. This worked fine until they enforced a router change. Internet would cut off after a few min. They changed me back to a dynamic IP address, and all was well, has been for some years.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread