+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I see ebay have been tinkering again.

My ebay summary page on which I have items I may be interested in, was set to show the list in 'ending soonest' mode. Now it gives me 'most relevant' and won't let me set it back permanently. I have to change it each time I visit the page. Bloody annoying and pointless too.

I missed a couple of purchases because of this, as I'd not noticed what they'd done immediately.

Yes. I've been through the preferences settings and there's no solution.
    My ebay summary page has corrected itself and is now displaying items in the 'ending soonest' manner again. Nothing I've done. Dunno why it changed in the first place. Weird!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

wonder what it was
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

No idea.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

My PC monitor packed up yesterday. Fortunately it was only the mains fuse, but I realised that without it I'd be completely stuck until I sourced another. Not something I'd worried about, as there was another PC and monitor in the house, but my daughter snaffled those when she moved out. I'll have to look around for a cheap spare monitor as a back up.

I'm Edward.

Geoff

Suggest you enable remote desktop on your PCs, so if you ever need to get to a PC without a monitor simply access it via the other PC in your house.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Geoff

Suggest you enable remote desktop on your PCs, so if you ever need to get to a PC without a monitor simply access it via the other PC in your house.
    Not possible. As I said, the daughter has pinched the other PC.

I suppose I could rig one of the TV's up as a last resort, but I don't really want to do that.

I'm Alex.

Geoff

That's a good idea, I have Teamviewer.
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not possible. As I said, the daughter has pinched the other PC.

I suppose I could rig one of the TV's up as a last resort, but I don't really want to do that.
    I have a spare monitor in the garage. Assuming it works would you like it foc?

But getting a spare from PC World or Amazon or somewhere like that is the better bet as they are so cheap these days. Unless you want a 4k or something like that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

I have a spare monitor in the garage. Assuming it works would you like it foc?
    Thanks for the offer Edward, but no need. I'll scrounge one off a pal who has a few knocking about.

I'm Alex.

Another offer of a free spare one here if you wish.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread