+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    came across my flatbed scanner today so have set it up. went on the epson site and got software and driver and away we jolly well went. damn good scanner this although i might not be needing it it did do good slide work too.

That reminds me - I have an Epson V500 scanner tucked away and I promised to do my late father-in-law's slides (about 2 thousands worth) that he shot over decades. Did several hundred which went down well. If I do get around to it I think I will this time skip the landscapes taken in distant countries and just stick with strictly family shots. That gets rid of 95% of the slides.

Originally got the scanner to do 6x7 negs I was shooting.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    That reminds me - I have an Epson V500 scanner tucked away and I promised to do my late father-in-law's slides (about 2 thousands worth) that he shot over decades. Did several hundred which went down well. If I do get around to it I think I will this time skip the landscapes taken in distant countries and just stick with strictly family shots. That gets rid of 95% of the slides.

Originally got the scanner to do 6x7 negs I was shooting.
    similar scanner. think yours was the replacement for mine and used led. v700 was next one up.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Found the film and slide rails.

Great stuff.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I have a 3490 PHOTO still going strong. Good scanners the Epson's.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    I have a 3490 PHOTO still going strong. Good scanners the Epson's.
    Did any of you guys ever try wet scanning? I thought of doing so but so far have not got round to it. Apparently the results
    can be amazing.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Did any of you guys ever try wet scanning? I thought of doing so but so far have not got round to it. Apparently the results
    can be amazing.
    Ive heard of it but never tried it. can see the advantages but mine tbh are not good enough that its an advantage for all the work involved. the film is held between to layers of fluid i think.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I see ebay have been tinkering again.

My ebay summary page on which I have items I may be interested in, was set to show the list in 'ending soonest' mode. Now it gives me 'most relevant' and won't let me set it back permanently. I have to change it each time I visit the page. Bloody annoying and pointless too.

I missed a couple of purchases because of this, as I'd not noticed what they'd done immediately.

Yes. I've been through the preferences settings and there's no solution.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

just checked mine geoff and it is still on ending soonest
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hmm. Wonder if it's a browser issue? I'll have to check.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Mine seems OK too.

I have just had some strange things with latest update of Maxthon, fortunately, I use Firefox, Pale Moon and Chrome more that Maxthon.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread