+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

Just ran the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool. No issues shown.

I'll have another look at the BIOS to see if anything has 'reset' itself wrongly.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just ran the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool. No issues shown.

I'll have another look at the BIOS to see if anything has 'reset' itself wrongly.
    Some Asus laptops won't let you set the boot order in the BIOS after flashing it. You can change it but it doesn't make a difference.

You can hit escape when it restarts and pull it up.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

Not sure if laptop still being discussed here but one of the biggest faults effecting PC's after years of use is the electrolytic caps around the CPU (mainly) and other sensitive areas... I've resurrected a few computers that either died or started to do so many weird , unpredictable things as to be useless, just by replacing these caps
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

I'll keep tinkering. I've a few suggestions to go on with and a few ideas in mind.

It's only an occasional thing anyway and may not get worse. It hasn't over a year or so. If the HDD packs up, I'll just bung another in and install another copy of Windows. Might uprate the RAM and processor while I'm about it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Noticing more and more little glitches with the PC recently. Looks like an O/S reinstallation would be a sensible option. That'll be another half day spent bunging Windows 7 back on, plus all the attendant third party software!

(no, I don't want Windows 10)

I might even have a look around for a higher spec computer. This one is fairly quick, but it can be improved on.

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Noticing more and more little glitches with the PC recently. Looks like an O/S reinstallation would be a sensible option. That'll be another half day spent bunging Windows 7 back on, plus all the attendant third party software!

(no, I don't want Windows 10)

I might even have a look around for a higher spec computer. This one is fairly quick, but it can be improved on.
    The parts have gotten so cheap building a nice one isn't really that expensive anymore, unless you want a high end gaming system.

I went back to Windows 10. I hated it for a long time because it crashed my machine everytime it updated. It's more stable now.

I prefer Linux, but there are still too many programs I don't want to give up to not have at least one machine with Windows.

I'm Grant.

Win 10 has been totally stable here on all machines. Uses less ram and cpu too. Glad i made move now as win 7 is a bit broken now with all their tampering. It not safe either apparently but if you dont go anywhere bad it wont be a problem. You should take an image every now and then geoff when its running good. If you get problems then just copy it over. A lot easier than reinstalling
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nathan.

I still don't like Edge, but I'm not having to reinstall all of the drivers 3-4 times a week anymore. I went back a few months ago and haven't had any problems.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    I still don't like Edge, but I'm not having to reinstall all of the drivers 3-4 times a week anymore. I went back a few months ago and haven't had any problems.

Everything worked out of box with me. Only got it end of year so all bugs gone i think. Edge ive not used much tbh but its better than their old one. Use firefox mostly, with opera as backup. Chrome for when i want to use chromecast etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Everything worked out of box with me. Only got it end of year so all bugs gone i think. Edge ive not used much tbh but its better than their old one. Use firefox mostly, with opera as backup. Chrome for when i want to use chromecast etc.
    It didn't like my video cards, and audio interface. I got it when it first came out and everything was fine. Then after about 6 months they started doing updates almost every day and my PC would be crashed when I got home. I use Chrome most of the time, but I use Firefox too. Chrome carries everything across all of my systems and phones. It's easier for me. I think Firefox is better overall.

+ Reply to Thread